QB64 Phoenix Edition
What is Quick Navigation? - Printable Version

+- QB64 Phoenix Edition (https://qb64phoenix.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chatting and Socializing (https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What is Quick Navigation? (/showthread.php?tid=2653)

What is Quick Navigation? - TerryRitchie - 05-03-2024

What is "Quick Navigation" in the IDE Search menu and how do you use it?

I'm surprised at how many of the IDE features I never use even though they have been there for years.

RE: What is Quick Navigation? - TerryRitchie - 05-03-2024

Ah, never mind, I figured it out. It deals with bookmarks. If you have multiple bookmarks a back arrow will appear when navigating through the bookmarks.

RE: What is Quick Navigation? - SMcNeill - 05-03-2024

(05-03-2024, 07:21 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Ah, never mind, I figured it out. It deals with bookmarks. If you have multiple bookmarks a back arrow will appear when navigating through the bookmarks.

Not just bookmarks.  It's basically a "Return to Last" button.

Go to the options, click "Goto Line", enter 1234 and you'll jump from wherever you were down to line 1234.  The Quick Nav button will appear in the top left (if my brain is remembering right), and you can click it to return quickly back to where you were before.

Same with searches for "Find" or "Goto Sub" and such things.  Smile

And on Steve's Day, it pops up a question that asks, "Do you think Steve is AWESOME??"   If you answer "No", then it quickly navigates you on where to "GO TO..."

Err...  wait...  If I remember, I don't think the other devs all approved that vital enhancement for the feature.  It's still awaiting for approval to be pushed into the repo...

RE: What is Quick Navigation? - TerryRitchie - 05-03-2024

(05-03-2024, 07:38 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 07:21 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Ah, never mind, I figured it out. It deals with bookmarks. If you have multiple bookmarks a back arrow will appear when navigating through the bookmarks.

Not just bookmarks.  It's basically a "Return to Last" button.

Go to the options, click "Goto Line", enter 1234 and you'll jump from wherever you were down to line 1234.  The Quick Nav button will appear in the top left (if my brain is remembering right), and you can click it to return quickly back to where you were before.

Same with searches for "Find" or "Goto Sub" and such things.  Smile

And on Steve's Day, it pops up a question that asks, "Do you think Steve is AWESOME??"   If you answer "No", then it quickly navigates you on where to "GO TO..."

Err...  wait...  If I remember, I don't think the other devs all approved that vital enhancement for the feature.  It's still awaiting for approval to be pushed into the repo...
Ah, good to know all the places this comes in play. Thank you.

How dare the other devs ignore Steve's Day. For all of you that don't know, Steve's Day falls on June 28th because you get twice the pie!

RE: What is Quick Navigation? - bplus - 05-03-2024

Quote:Steve's Day falls on June 28th because you get twice the pie!

groan, a joke that applies math

i thought Steve's day was everyday, no?, it will be if devs cave. lol

RE: What is Quick Navigation? - Kernelpanic - 05-04-2024

Quote:groan, a joke that applies math
I do not see a problem there.
The simple cake must logically refer to June 7th, as doubled makes June 14th. But because it is June 28th and one only get double the cake in this regard, the doubling here refers to June 14th. Twice 14 is 28!

So everyone whose birthday is between June 7th and June 14th gets double cake.
That was easy!  Cool

RE: What is Quick Navigation? - TerryRitchie - 05-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 05:30 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote:
Quote:groan, a joke that applies math
I do not see a problem there.
The simple cake must logically refer to June 7th, as doubled makes June 14th. But because it is June 28th and one only get double the cake in this regard, the doubling here refers to June 14th. Twice 14 is 28!

So everyone whose birthday is between June 7th and June 14th gets double cake.
That was easy!  Cool
LOL Nope

March 14th, 3/14 - 3.14 - Pi

June 28th, 6/28 - 6.28 - 2Pi