Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Select All not working?
Yeah, it might not work when you aren't logged in which is likely if you are coming in from another link.

Update: just tested theory of not working because not logged in. No, it works for me on Opera.

@PhilOfPerth have you told us yet what browser you are using when it doesn't work? There are differences in browsers and how they function in different forum hosts.
b = b + ...
(07-31-2022, 10:27 AM)bplus Wrote: Yeah, it might not work when you aren't logged in which is likely if you are coming in from another link.

Update: just tested theory of not working because not logged in. No, it works for me on Opera.

@PhilOfPerth have you told us yet what browser you are using when it doesn't work? There are differences in browsers and how they function in different forum hosts.

Up top, look under the "EDITION", and you'll find the "Portal" button.

Portal is, more or less, just a quick snapshot of the day's activities.  The SelectAll button doesn't work there, as Phil mentioned.  The code I wrote to add that little "Select All" is custom javascript, and I kept it about as simple and short as I possibly could, and I didn't think about it appearing and being clickable from anywhere besides a forum post.  Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that the Portal even has it on it so you can see it!  (Which just goes to show *WHY* I was so cautious in limiting it in scope to when/where/what it affects -- I certainly didn't want it grabbing or corrupting wrong segments of the forum database!)

Select All should only work in posts when you visit them from the forums and topics themselves.  I doubt they'll ever work from Portal or Search or some other query form/viewing method.  If they do, it wasn't because they were intended to...

Then again, like I mentioned above, I really didn't even think you'd be able to *see* the SELECT ALL anywhere else, so finding out that it actually works somewhere that I didn't think it would, honestly wouldn't surprise me to much either...  Tongue
Yes, @bplus, I did name the browser etc. I use Chrome on Windows 10 - but that seems to be academic after reading the other responses. I think I am logged in already at the Portal, but apparently I was misusing it in trying to copy/paste. Maybe to stop confusion from the likes of me, the button could "disappear from the Portal window.
Anyway, no drama. Thanks again for the help.
Edit: Yes, I am logged in at the Forum (I have the Welcome Back message there). And why did my bplus reference at the beginning of this reply get changed to the URL string? (Never mind. There are some questions in this world that are best left unanswered - or even unasked)!
Edit Edit: I think I just discovered why, all on my lonesome! When you go into Edit mode, it changes @ references to their URL so that they can be edited as well. right?
(07-31-2022, 03:49 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: Can I resurrect this topic? I've got the same problem again - can't use the "select all" on any of the posts - I can select by dragging but not the Select All option.
Not a great problem, but a bit puzzling. I tried disabling my virus scan but no different, so it's not that.

Quick edit: It has now returned to "normal" again! As soon as I went back to view new posts, I found I could use Select all again!
Could it be something to do with where I've just come from when I try to use it maybe? (too hard for me!)

Late quick edit: It only happens when I try to use it directly from Portal, not when I view latest posts. I guess it's not supposed to work from the Portal. Pardon my ignorance lol!

Isn't it great? You ask a question on this magical forum and no sooner asked, you answer it yourself. ;-))
b = b + ...