Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various code questions
Just be prepared to treat some of them as a movie and stock up with popcorn and drinks before watching.  I'm not a video guru, so I didn't try to edit anything at all in them.  Like everyone else, I make goofs from time to time, and I figured I'd leave that stuff in to show that it's natural to have to debug sometimes as you go along.  After all, if STEVE isn't perfect, then how the heck can anyone else expect to be??

(Honestly though, with all joking aside, if you watch the series, you'll see that poor Steve might be able to track 4-dimensions of mem with no problem, but he sure as hell can't count from 1 to 10!  Even when people watched the video and helped point it out for me, there was still one example that worked, that my poor brain just would not map the 10 values properly for me, at all.  Which just goes to show that we all have our strengths, and that's why forums like these are so essential sometimes -- so we can always ask, "WTF is going on with my code here??". Wink )
@SMcNeill - write a book! 
(08-17-2022, 08:32 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: @SMcNeill - write a book! 

I have -- about a dozen so far!  I just don't have one completed for QB64 yet.  Smile

(Though you can see where I've got one started with my QB64 Bible down in the tutorial section.)

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=169
Quote:I have -- about a dozen so far!  I just don't have one completed for QB64 yet.  [Image: smile.png]

(Though you can see where I've got one started with my QB64 Bible down in the tutorial section.)

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=169

Bible is already good. Psychologically good. Only the designation QB64 is . . . if you don't come from the scene, you can't do anything with it. A title must clearly state what is meant. Java API Superbible

QBasic 64 would be better - a modern continuation of the programming language classic Basic. - QBasic 64 should still be OK without annoying MS. If necessary, you could also call or ask whether it would be acceptable for MS.

To your first text. A good start. That's exactly how one have to do it. Write down your thoughts and then keep checking to see if you could phrase this or that better and wondering how a reader sees it all.

I know about what I am writing from. I wrote a book, a political book about the political system in the FRG. I've been writing it for ten years, and for 18 months I've been trying to find a publisher to publish it. So far only rejections, the book is too radical for them, because it is politically incorrect from the first page.   Dodgy

As long as I haven't found a publisher, I read the manuscript, correcting here and there. One always finds something where one says to oneself, one could formulate it even better. - And I have to distract myself from that so that I can at least clear my head from time to time.  Tongue