Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need for Speed High Stakes menu simulator
Made a "just for fun" (to see if i could do it) program that simulates the menu of Need for Speed High Stakes PC version.

Copy the files in the ZIP to the folder where you have QB64.

When you click "Race" the program will attempt to launch an MP4 with the same name as the track you have selected.
Put your version of the video for the track into the "tracks-MP4s" folder.
This is optional. If no video for the track exists nothing will happen when you click "Race".

Anyway, let me know if you find this...amusing?
I have made one for NFS Hot Pursuit 2. 
Waiting to see if anyone finds this NFS HS sim "fun".

Attached Files
.zip   NFSHSsim(share).zip (Size: 6.46 MB / Downloads: 29)
(03-18-2024, 03:37 PM)paulel Wrote: Made a "just for fun" (to see if i could do it) program that simulates the menu of Need for Speed High Stakes PC version.

When you click "Race" the program will attempt to launch an MP4 with the same name as the track you have selected.
This is optional. If no video for the track exists nothing will happen when you click "Race".

I get a bunch of error messages. I compiled the BAS and put it in the same folder as the files. I also unpacked all the files to the QB64 folder. Also didn't work.

It can't find this file:

list$ = "\temp\NFSHSsimCars.tmp"
(03-18-2024, 03:37 PM)paulel Wrote: Made a "just for fun" (to see if i could do it) program that simulates the menu of Need for Speed High Stakes PC version.

Neat but why did you write your own .bmp loader when _LOADIMAGE can do this?

Also your code using "\" hard-coded directory separation characters will not work in Linux or MacOS.

There are things you can do to fix this that are easily implemented.

If I have some time later I'll do a video review of this and see if I can get it working in Linux, but right now I manually replaced the "\* and *\" with "/ and /" and the program isn't compiling:

Code: (Select All)
g++  -no-pie -w -std=gnu++14 -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -I./internal/c/libqb/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/glew/include -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_MINIAUDIO internal/c/qbx.cpp -c -o internal/c/qbx.o
objcopy -Ibinary -Oelf64-x86-64 -Bi386:x86-64 internal/temp/data.bin internal/temp/data.o
g++  -no-pie -w -std=gnu++14 -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -I./internal/c/libqb/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/glew/include -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_MINIAUDIO ./internal/c/libqb_make_010001001.o ./internal/c/qbx.o ./internal/temp/data.o -o "NFSHSsim" ./internal/c/libqb/src/threading.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/buffer.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/filepath.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/filesystem.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/datetime.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/rounding.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/http-stub.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/threading-posix.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-main-thread.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-message.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-msg-queue.o ./internal/c/parts/video/image/image.o ./internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.o ./internal/c/parts/gui/gui.o ./internal/c/parts/video/font/stub_font.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/audio.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/miniaudio_impl.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/mod_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/radv2_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/hively_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/qoa_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/hivelytracker/hvl_replay.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/libxmp-lite.a ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/midi_ma_vtable_stub.o ./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut.a ./internal/c/parts/core/glew/glew.o  -lGL -lGLU -lX11 -lpthread -ldl -lrt -lm -lasound
/usr/bin/ld: warning: ./internal/temp/data.o: missing .note.GNU-stack section implies executable stack
/usr/bin/ld: NOTE: This behaviour is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of the linker
objcopy --only-keep-debug "NFSHSsim" "./internal/temp/NFSHSsim.sym"
objcopy --strip-unneeded "NFSHSsim"
g++  -no-pie -w -std=gnu++14 -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -I./internal/c/libqb/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/glew/include -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_MINIAUDIO internal/c/qbx.cpp -c -o internal/c/qbx.o
g++  -no-pie -w -std=gnu++14 -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -I./internal/c/libqb/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/glew/include -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_MINIAUDIO ./internal/c/libqb_make_010001001.o ./internal/c/qbx.o ./internal/temp/data.o -o "/home/grymmjack/Downloads/NFSHSsim(share)/NFSHSsim" ./internal/c/libqb/src/threading.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/buffer.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/filepath.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/filesystem.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/datetime.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/rounding.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/http-stub.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/threading-posix.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-main-thread.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-message.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-msg-queue.o ./internal/c/parts/video/image/image.o ./internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.o ./internal/c/parts/gui/gui.o ./internal/c/parts/video/font/stub_font.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/audio.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/miniaudio_impl.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/mod_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/radv2_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/hively_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/qoa_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/hivelytracker/hvl_replay.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/libxmp-lite.a ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/midi_ma_vtable_stub.o ./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut.a ./internal/c/parts/core/glew/glew.o  -lGL -lGLU -lX11 -lpthread -ldl -lrt -lm -lasound
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /home/grymmjack/Downloads/NFSHSsim(share)/NFSHSsim: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:416: /home/grymmjack/Downloads/NFSHSsim(share)/NFSHSsim] Error 1

I'd like to check it out because it looks cool and I'm interested to help and share some tips but it doesn't compile at this moment.

With no changes to the slashes it still won't compile:

Code: (Select All)
objcopy -Ibinary -Oelf64-x86-64 -Bi386:x86-64 internal/temp/data.bin internal/temp/data.o
g++  -no-pie -w -std=gnu++14 -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -I./internal/c/libqb/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/glew/include -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_MINIAUDIO ./internal/c/libqb_make_010001001.o ./internal/c/qbx.o ./internal/temp/data.o -o "/home/grymmjack/Downloads/NFSHSsim(share)/NFSHSsim" ./internal/c/libqb/src/threading.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/buffer.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/filepath.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/filesystem.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/datetime.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/rounding.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/http-stub.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/threading-posix.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-main-thread.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-message.o ./internal/c/libqb/src/glut-msg-queue.o ./internal/c/parts/video/image/image.o ./internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.o ./internal/c/parts/gui/gui.o ./internal/c/parts/video/font/stub_font.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/audio.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/miniaudio_impl.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/mod_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/radv2_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/hively_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/qoa_ma_vtable.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/hivelytracker/hvl_replay.o ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/libxmp-lite.a ./internal/c/parts/audio/extras/midi_ma_vtable_stub.o ./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut.a ./internal/c/parts/core/glew/glew.o  -lGL -lGLU -lX11 -lpthread -ldl -lrt -lm -lasound
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /home/grymmjack/Downloads/NFSHSsim(share)/NFSHSsim: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:416: /home/grymmjack/Downloads/NFSHSsim(share)/NFSHSsim] Error 1
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs