Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro-Style Calculator
Note: I've got a few things I need to fix up to make this a QB64-compatible program.

As-is, it is a fun for-the-giggles bit of code to glance at.

EDIT: You'll notice a bit of a mixed bag of choices (like using GOSUB's and SUB's; every BAM program is an opportunity to do sanity checks on as many statements/styles I can squeeze in there without getting too messy.
(11-18-2022, 11:26 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: Note: I've got a few things I need to fix up to make this a QB64-compatible program.

EDIT: You'll notice a bit of a mixed bag of choices (like using GOSUB's and SUB's; every BAM program is an opportunity to do sanity checks on as many statements/styles I can squeeze in there without getting too messy.
An interesting conversion project. That keypad raises a chuckle! I see it even copes with divide by zero with a polite message instead of Error!!!
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
(11-19-2022, 01:43 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:26 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: Note: I've got a few things I need to fix up to make this a QB64-compatible program.

An interesting conversion project. That keypad raises a chuckle! I see it even copes with divide by zero with a polite message instead of Error!!!

Oops, I never thought of checking for division by zero.  Good catch!

That "infinity" error, pretty sure that's native javascript handling.  Me not liking javascript much, that I like.
(11-19-2022, 01:43 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: An interesting conversion project. That keypad raises a chuckle! ...snip ...

I don't think there will be much to convert.  More of an opportunity to add whatever I need to BAM to that the program can work in BAM the QB64 way.  Well, within reason.  Maybe come things will be conversion; hopefully not much.

Yup, no fancy modern web stuff.  Throwback to the '80's (dBase/Clipper etc., kind of GW-BASIC ish.)