Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't start QB64PE 3.6.0 more than once.
Hello all,
Sorry but I've been away for a while and I'm locked with an old problem with QBPE64 3.6.0 that I just installed on a baremetal Acer Notebook.
After the installation, QB64PE starts normally and I can change the size of the IDE.
However, if I quit QB64PE then restart it later, I always get the following error message box:

Internal IDE Error
(module: ide_methods, on line: 18218)
< OK>

However, I can't even click on the OK button and I've only to quit QB64PE and I can't use it anymore.

I know this is an old problem and that it was solved when removing a configuration file but I can't remember what file it is and where it's located.

TIA for your help.
Cheers
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
(qb64pepath)/internal/config.ini
(04-26-2023, 02:55 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: (qb64pepath)/internal/config.ini

Oops.

I didn't say I'm on Linux Smile and unfortunately removing "(qb64pepath)/internal/config.ini" doesn't fix the problem. Dodgy

Any other idea? Idea

TIA for your help. Smile

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
I wrote it like that because I thought you were on one of your Macintoshes. Smile

"(qb64pepath)" is the directory where you copied the QB64PE files into, before building the "qb64pe" executable.

So from there, it's the "internal" child directory, and the "config.ini" that is a member of that "internal".

If it fails then you could erase everything in the QB64PE directory as you copied it, and try again to unpack the compressed archive and rebuild "qb64pe" executable. Make sure you backed up your valuable source code and library files first!

One more thing you could try is to download the "official" QB64 v2.1, and try to install and build that.

This is an error you're getting that I've never seen. I tried a lot of distros although my list isn't comprehensive, I have actually held back from installing QB64PE from a few of them, such as Slackware 32-bit because I want 64-bit programs out of it.

What Linux distro are you using? You should use and install from an ISO which was created in 2022 and later.

EDIT: I looked into the source file giving the error, but line #18218 has a variable being implicitly declared and assigned for the first time. Might have to get rid also of "(qb64pepath)/internal/temp/recent.bin". As ridiculous as it sounds, that file might indicate a file that no longer exists in the system, or a strange character that the QB64 IDE is choking on. (shrugs)
Hi just curious, what are you Operating under with Acer Notebook?
b = b + ...