Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve's Video Tutorial's on _MEM
First and most important thing to keep in mind with these is:  I'm not a public speaker, nor a YouTube Superstar.  I'm not good with the capture software, I'm not working with a script, and things tend to meander along -- glitches and confusion and all -- without any sort of editing going on with the videos.  They're all excessively long, and someone who works with these things could probably reduce them down to half the size if they edited out my rural nature -- but they are what they are.

First one is lower resolution than all the rest in an attempt to save bandwidth, but folks mentioned they couldn't make things out the best, so the ones after that are at a sharper resolution.

It'd be a weekend marathon to sit down and watch all these back to back, but once finished, I don't think anybody would have any issues using the _MEM commands anymore.

Like always -- if anyone has questions, comments, or thoughts, you can feel free to ask them here and I'll do my best to answer and respond to whatever concerns you guys might have.  Wink

[b]Hello QB64 World:[/b]

[b]_MEM Tutorial #1 - Basic Introduction To Mem:[/b]

[b]_MEM Tutorial #3 - Finding the Offset:[/b] 

[b]Tutorial #4 -- REDIM _PRESERVE and Beyond The First Dimension:[/b] 

Will we see all of some of this info in the Bible?
(04-25-2022, 12:30 PM)Dimster Wrote: Will we see all of some of this info in the Bible?

Not for some time, as _MEM would probably be one of the latter chapters that I'd cover.  Good news is, when I finally do get around to them, they'll probably be much more precise and less rambling than these old videos.  I'm a writer, not an actor, for goodness sake!  Wink
These were my first real intro to _MEM ops, and were invaluable to my understanding of the subject. Thank you.
DO: LOOP: DO: LOOP
sha_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na:
Big thumbs up to that guy so full of joy in Hello World!
b = b + ...