Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old invader game
(08-21-2023, 08:26 AM)a740g Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 07:59 PM)Steffan-68 Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 06:41 PM)a740g Wrote: Alright folks. Here it is, with complete FM/OPL3 emulation. I used the Nuked OPL3 emulator from nukeykt/Nuked-OPL3: Highly accurate Yamaha OPL3 (YMF262, CT1747) emulator (github.com)
I also found and fixed quite a few bugs and typos in the original code. There may be more. If I find more, I'll fix and update those on my GitHub: https://github.com/a740g/QB64-Museum/tre...B-Invaders
Cheers!
Hey great job. Heart
I couldn't have done that, thanks.
It sounds different to me than the original, but it's good.
The original was running in the DOSBOX and I tried to record the sound as best as I could and it sounds somehow different.
I had attached the sound further up in the 7zip file.
There is still an error, the top right is still missing the display of how much life you still have. Don't know how I fixed it at the moment.
And the pallet rolling is also missing. I had fixed that, but probably exaggerated a bit.
I'll take a closer look at your changes and hopefully learn something from them.
Now I'm going to sleep first, I have to work again tomorrow.
Thanks!
Yeah. I may have missed the palette and health stuff because I worked on the original sources. I'll try and look at both our changes and combine those.
On the contrary, I'm glad you worked on the original file
This is the best way to recognize the different approaches and you can learn even more from them than if you messed with my
(which also goes) around dokterst.
(08-20-2023, 06:41 PM)a740g Wrote: Alright folks. Here it is, with complete FM/OPL3 emulation. I used the Nuked OPL3 emulator from nukeykt/Nuked-OPL3: Highly accurate Yamaha OPL3 (YMF262, CT1747) emulator (github.com)

I also found and fixed quite a few bugs and typos in the original code. There may be more. If I find more, I'll fix and update those on my GitHub: https://github.com/a740g/QB64-Museum/tre...B-Invaders

Cheers!

Haha awesome. I tried on my Mac and it didn't let ALT register. Not sure why.

The sound worked though Smile Well done!

Will try again at home on windows. Waiting in the parking lot nerding while the kid is in art class.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(08-21-2023, 10:54 PM)grymmjack Wrote:

Cheers!

Haha awesome. I tried on my Mac and it didn't let ALT register. Not sure why.

The sound worked though Smile Well done!

Will try again at home on windows. Waiting in the parking lot nerding while the kid is in art class.

I secretly made it work using the left and right arrow keys as well. Wink Try it. Not sure why the original author chose the weird ALT and CTRL combo.