Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Monitors using QB64
Hello All,

Does QB64 offer statements that utilize dual monitors?

Donald
No in particular.  You can always either use _NEWIMAGE to create one screen of sufficient size to span both monitors, or else you can use _CONSOLE and move a console window to the second monitor, but we don't have multiple screens otherwise.
Thank you for the info. Do you any sample code that uses these statements? Let's say I connect a monitor to my laptop, how do you designate what is drawn to the monitor?

Donald
(01-11-2024, 07:24 PM)Donald Foster Wrote: Thank you for the info. Do you any sample code that uses these statements? Let's say I connect a monitor to my laptop, how do you designate what is drawn to the monitor?

Donald
You won't be able to designate an individual monitor. QB64 uses multi monitor setups as one big screen.

For example, I have two 1920x1080 monitors set up in windows as being side by side. If I create a screen such as:

SCREEN _NEWIMAGE(2500, 1080, 32)

my entire left monitor (monitor 1) and part of my right monitor (monitor 2) are used.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(01-11-2024, 01:47 AM)Donald Foster Wrote: Hello All,

Does QB64 offer statements that utilize dual monitors?

Donald
No but we had a discussion about this a few months back (you can search the forums or I can post a link later). One idea was to use a second program that would run in monitor #2, that would just be to drive the secondary display, that the main program would communicate with to tell it what to display. As I recall, someone suggested having them communicate with network calls as the fastest way. I haven't tried it yet but it seems worth looking into.