Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google's Gemini AI in QB64
The best language or compiler is the one that works best for you.  Just like the best camera is the one you will actually be carrying when you see bigfoot.  Nuff said.

I've seen so many simple AI image generation mistakes that I find myself automatically counting the fingers, arms, legs, etc of people in REAL photographs.  Ugh.

Current AI fakes the "I" part by plagiarizing or summarizing the work of people.  There's still no intelligence under the hood.  AI is still unable to recognize or correct its mistakes.  "Expert Systems" may be a better moniker than "Artificial Intelligence."

That QB64 vs FB comparison reminded me of an old print ad for I can't remember who, but they were selling Atari STs while comparing them to Amigas, and they gave many of the Amiga's attributes to the ST; graphics resolution, number of colors, sound channels, etc.  As an old Amiga amigo I wish I had a copy of that ad.

Then I fell into a rabbit hole of ST vs Amiga comparisons that I have just now climbed out of.
Back in that era, I was more into Samantha vs Jeannie. Steve was into that other sitcom... What was it. Oh yeah, Gilligan vs Skipper! Big Grin
Fake News + Phony Politicians = Real Problems