Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first qb64 game
Wink 
[Image: screenshot.jpg]

I have just started again with qb64 after retiring , never had a lot of time for it before, and tried my hand at creating a game. Don't laugh , it is my first. I "borrowed" a lot of parts from the tutorial and sprite library to get it going. All the files are in the zip. Do with it what you will.
If you add some features to it , let me know so I can learn from your coding skills. I will be in and reading a lot more now that I have time.
Jack
.zip   MarioFood.zip (Size: 3.04 MB / Downloads: 50)
Welcome to the forum Jack

Update: works fine! but I hope the orphans aren't depending on me ;( Those fire things sure cover allot of ground.
b = b + ...
Only 3 megs? What was your other program before it, "Hello World!" Huh

Of course I'm joking. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

You are also more than welcome to edit your post to include a screen shot. I know, the code is too big to post, but adding a screen shot or two is an attention getter. (That is a word, Spellcheck!) Anyway, only do so if you like the idea, definitely not a requirement.

I have a fondness for Mario stuff. At age two, I let my Son play it on Nintendo. My wife thought he was too young. She was wrong. He'd sit in the rocker/recliner, rock back and forth like (well, kind of like my avatar shuffles) and laugh like hell when he flattened a 'shroom.

I'll have a look at it a little later, after I get this thing I'm in the middle of to an ending point. 3 megs looks to be amazing.

Pete
The code itself is a lovely 100 LOC!

I guess the sprite.bi's one for top and one for bottom (Subs) covers allot of ground.
b = b + ...
Thumbs Up 
(11-03-2022, 04:58 PM)Gadgetjack Wrote: I have just started again with qb64 after retiring , never had a lot of time for it before, and tried my hand at creating a game.
Welcome to the forum.
I figured it had a lot of image files, but seriously, only 100 lines of code. Did you use our code line counter?

More curious, but I need to wrap up this other thing before my choo choo of thought gets derailed.

Pete
Welcome to the forum!

Careful, writing games in QB64 gets addictive! Glad to see someone else making use of the tutorial and libraries. Borrow as much as you need from them. Looks like you're off to an excellent start in game coding.

Terry
(11-04-2022, 01:27 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

Careful, writing games in QB64 gets addictive! Glad to see someone else making use of the tutorial and libraries. Borrow as much as you need from them. Looks like you're off to an excellent start in game coding.

Terry

Terry , finding your sprite library was what got me thinking of doing a game. Great work on that. Made life a lot easier. Smile