Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing an entire BAM project
Say you want to share your entire BAM project (i.e. not just your programs, but everything in your BASIC Anywhere Machine instance: BAM itself, your programs, tasks, etc.).

BASIC Anywhere Machine is a single-html-file and it is easy to share in various ways:
  • upload it to your web server so your file can be shared for download via your website
  • upload it to a file hosting service on the web
  • (for both options above, just share the URL with your audience)
  • attach the file to a post in a forum (most forums have a limit on file size, so that may not be an option)
  • email it as an attachment

One of the top features I wanted in BAM: easily share not just programs, but your entire BAM instance (the interpreter, the IDE, the tools, the programs, the libraries, the tasks, etc. etc.; everything).  And have just the one file to think about.

And make it easy to have multiple instances of BAM, one for every project if you want.

Because most forums like this one have a max file size limit too low for the size of a BAM instance, I've shared my "Calculator Project BAM instance" via a Google Groups post: https://groups.google.com/g/basic-anywhe...PRTwQ0fOr4
My approach with BAM matches my approach to all software development: a least number of clicks philosophy.

Too many mouse clicks leads to tendinitis of the mouse-clicky-finger knuckle.

This is a major problem if we don't address it via good software design.

Otherwise, we will have an overwhelming number of people who cannot adequately poke significant others in the forehead when said significant others do/say something that deserves a poke in the forehead.

That's just tragic.
"mouse-clicky-finger knuckle"?

I will have to remember that anatomical description... Priceless...  lol
May your journey be free of incident. Live long and prosper.
(11-24-2022, 08:04 PM)johnno56 Wrote: "mouse-clicky-finger knuckle"?

I will have to remember that anatomical description... Priceless...  lol

And I'm not even talking about the double-problem folk with touchscreens have.

Mouse-clicky-finger knuckle tendinitis AND gorilla arm.  How the heck is a primate to pick's one's nose anymore if dial-a-friend is not an option???