Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'm Having Fun."
The wife and I are sitting on the couch after dinner and I have my laptop in front of me working on a program cursing, swearing, and muttering as I go.

She tells me "The working day is over, time for some rest or fun"

I of course reply to her "I'm having fun."
When do you get out of hospital?
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
(07-21-2023, 03:57 AM)James D Jarvis Wrote: The wife and I are sitting on the couch after dinner and I have my laptop in front of me working on a program cursing, swearing, and muttering as I go.

It is blunderful when it finally works. Smile
b = b + ...
(07-21-2023, 03:57 AM)James D Jarvis Wrote: The wife and I are sitting on the couch after dinner and I have my laptop in front of me working on a program cursing, swearing, and muttering as I go.

Smile

I know how this goes. For my wife, she knows that once I get deeply into something that's it, she just gives up for the day. Working on computer while doing other activities like being in the same room while the wife, daughter, and dogs are there, still counts for spending family time. It might not be quality family time, but we still should get credit for it!

It's more fun to compute!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
How do you intend to use your credit?

Who gives the credit? ;-))
b = b + ...
Wife: "Yor were frowning and muttering to yourself all day, I figured it was best to just give you some space, everything okay"? 

Me: "Okay? It was great! I was just coding in my head and doing ,math. I was able to take this little tiny-basic interpreter and adapt it for use as a subroutine inside another program. I converted it from integer to floating point and added a few extra math functions and it seems to be working right, I didn't understand it so well when I started working on it but those new functions are working as I intended so I must have figured it out. I'm probably going to change how it assigns variables so I can have more than 26 but realistically 26 is probably enough for most tiny programs I'd want this to handle!"

Wife: "So everything is okay?"

Me: "It's fantastic! I actually have a clue what I'm doing and I'm having fun!"
I now have had enough of the Geschunkel! This is getting boring. Say her You love she, and well.