Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie posting too much BAM at Retro
(08-07-2023, 04:34 AM)CharlieJV Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 04:05 AM)grymmjack Wrote: @CharlieJV I don't know the back story but my advice: ignore all of this crap.

Delayed reaction over here.  Thanks!

ADHD over here, but all cognitive disabilities have some overlap in of the plethora of traits.  Like regulating emotions.  Whenever I realize I've made a mistake because I didn't understand something (getting clarity is more often than not a game of "Where's Waldo" for me), I get way more upset about it than I should.

Much appreciated, @grymmjack !
I'm glad to offer words of positivity and encouragement.

I know how that goes. I don't have ADHD myself (at least I don't think I do, and no docs have said I did) so I'm not sure exactly what that's like. But I can be overly sensitive about the opinions of others myself, like all of us human beings ADHD or not.

I do understand what you mean when you say you get upset more than you should. Things like this happen to me too, and for the dumbest reasons. I make the strangest things up in my head that make perfect sense when I'm in a darker place, esp. at night. but then the next morning when I wake up it's so silly the logic only works if 1 small condition is true about the scenario I've cooked up about whatever it is, and it almost NEVER is.

Don't modulate your behavior or let the opinions of other people bother you or interfere with your work in your "zone".

Facts: 

- You are passionate about BAM and TiddlyWiki
- You are kicking ass with it and you should be proud!
- You are actively sharing what you're doing and learning thereby giving back to the BASIC community
- You're doing the kind of work that is going to be included in the legacy and lore of BASIC
- It's a waste of time to worry about the opinions of others

You don't need the negativity in your life, and you absolutely don't need to let anyone mess with your dreams and passions.

Do your thing, world be damned.

Take care man, and don't stop doing the good work.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
@CharlieJV
whay he said [grymmjack] I concur, I like your work and your posts Big Grin
(08-07-2023, 01:12 PM)Jack Wrote: @CharlieJV

Any time anybody takes a moment to write some kind/reassuring/comforting words, that's a big deal.  Much appreciated.  You and all.

I am incessantly/unforgivably overwhelmed by sensory and cognitive overload, made worse by discomfort (no pain, thankfully) pretty much 24x7 since Jan 2018.  Everything is interesting, everything is a shiny object grabbing my attention.  It feels like dozens of people all talking to me at the same time, all of the time.

The only way for me to keep from going insane is to immerse myself in something that is so wildly interesting that I don't notice all of the other things trying to grab my attention.  Hence BAM.  Ridiculously therapeutic.

All I can ask and hope for: if I take too much space, please for the luv o' Pete, let me know (and let me know privately to not publicly embarrass me) so that I can figure out a way to correct.

Doesn't help: French-Acadian fella over here, so stereotypical yak yak yak.  Fortunately for all,  you don't have to put up with the incessant non-verbal communication (stereotypical French-Acadian: I can't talk without moving my hands.  I'd likely dislocate a shoulder if my hands were tied. )
(08-07-2023, 01:45 PM)CharlieJV Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 01:12 PM)Jack Wrote: @CharlieJV

Any time anybody takes a moment to write some kind/reassuring/comforting words, that's a big deal.  Much appreciated.  You and all.

I am incessantly/unforgivably overwhelmed by sensory and cognitive overload, made worse by discomfort (no pain, thankfully) pretty much 24x7 since Jan 2018.  Everything is interesting, everything is a shiny object grabbing my attention.  It feels like dozens of people all talking to me at the same time, all of the time.

The only way for me to keep from going insane is to immerse myself in something that is so wildly interesting that I don't notice all of the other things trying to grab my attention.  Hence BAM.  Ridiculously therapeutic.

All I can ask and hope for: if I take too much space, please for the luv o' Pete, let me know (and let me know privately to not publicly embarrass me) so that I can figure out a way to correct.

Doesn't help: French-Acadian fella over here, so stereotypical yak yak yak.  Fortunately for all,  you don't have to put up with the incessant non-verbal communication (stereotypical French-Acadian: I can't talk without moving my hands.  I'd likely dislocate a shoulder if my hands were tied. )

Man, sorry to hear that you're overloaded like that. Glad you found a way to cope/regulate with coding.

Haha French-Acadian - that's a new one. Don't worry about over sharing here. You are always welcome here.

You're one of the good ones, man. 

Take it easy.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
Ha! Like jack said, what he, grymmjack said.

You have to be 100% psychopath if you don't care what other people think, if only what you care matters something is more wrong that ADAH. But you most certainly don't have to agree, just duly note the difference pointed to you and test with yourself for truth. Charlie has made good efforts to improve that situation IMHO.

I think the core problem over at Retrocoders is that a limited server space was being taken up by images? I am not a tech guy specially (neither are they I suspect!) when it comes to servers but there surely a better way to address the problem. They have that dang post pinned to top of Charlies BAM board, a dressing down for all to see immediately when they visit that board, reminds me of Roman crucifixion's.
b = b + ...
(08-07-2023, 02:32 PM)bplus Wrote: Ha! Like jack said, what he, grymmjack said.

You have to be 100% psychopath if you don't care what other people think, if only what you care matters something is more wrong that ADAH. But you most certainly don't have to agree, just duly note the difference pointed to you and test with yourself for truth. Charlie has made good efforts to improve that situation IMHO.

I think the core problem over at Retrocoders is that a limited server space was being taken up by images? I am not a tech guy specially (neither are they I suspect!) when it comes to servers but there surely a better way to address the problem. They have that dang post pinned to top of Charlies BAM board, a dressing down for all to see immediately when they visit that board, reminds me of Roman crucifixion's.

It dawned on me earlier today: "hey, as moderator, I can unpin that thing."  And so I did.  And seeing as I get "their message", I asked them to delete the discussion.  If it goes undone within the next day or so, then I'll delete it.

Now here's what I'm chewing on.  For all who would berate/demean/attack me online, including a certain somebody in a forum he owns and I'll never participate in, knowing my challenges: "hey, if they are preoccupied doing that to me, maybe having them focus on me means they'll leave somebody with even greater challenges alone."

So that has me thinking: "Ok, I'll be your Huckleberry.  Bring it on, sunshine."
Yeah nobody is perfect and some more so LOL

You got to take the bad with the good or go somewhere else for company.
b = b + ...