Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Wiki article about Puppy Linux
Smile 
LOL. This article must have been rewritten slightly from the one I remembered. But it gave me a warm feeling when I first read it. "But how is it possible? I had to boot Ubuntu from a DVD!" I said way back in 2010, or I don't remember when it was when I first got ahold of this.

Of course, for today, this information has to be updated. It has been left entirely to the Puppy Linux community to have 32-bit editions of the Linux OS, because otherwise they produce 64-bit only. IINM the distribution doesn't carry "g++" because it's a fat SFS file, not good for people who have 2GB RAM or less. Otherwise it's going to be pensive using QB64 on the 32-bit Puppy because it sticks to one "savefile" limited to 2GiB for some reason. (Should be maximum of 4GiB on "fat32" partition.)

Anyway, behold the article by DSMan195276!

This is the beginning of it:

Quote:Puppy Linux Installation

From QB64 Wiki

Article by Matt Kilgore

The big advantage to Puppy linux is that it doesn't require it's own partition, and will even run off of a NTFS or FAT partition with windows installed on it. In addition to that, the most recent version of puppy (5.2.8) I have running on a computer that used to run win98SE, with 127MB of RAM and a 400Mhz processor. Now obviously it's pretty slow, but it still runs Qb64, which is pretty amazing. It could be used to bring some life into some old computers, possibly to run server programs written in Qb64, etc.

.html   Puppy Linux Installation - QB64 Wiki 2012.html (Size: 16.81 KB / Downloads: 58)
Puppy luv Smile
b = b + ...
I can't decide if I'm amazed or horrified that this is still around. Good job Big Grin
Horrified.  Definitely!