Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu Run (No EXE) Problem
Version - QB64pe 3.9.0 on Linux.

I get this error when I click the Run (No EXE ) below START (F5):

MENU ITEM [Run #Only (No EXE)] NOT IMPLEMENTED!
Press any key to continue

I press any key and the IDE shuts down. Then I restart it and it asked me to recover backup program (already saved).  Any ideas of what is up with it? Huh

P.S. - START (F5) is O.K.
It's been mentioned in this thread, with a way to fix it:

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...3#pid20333

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Fix pushed to the repo - Fix menu item `Run #Only (No EXE)` by a740g · Pull Request #385 · QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe (github.com)
Thanks for replying to my question - problem, Dav and a740g. Dav, I did not know about the thread. a740, I did change line #5931 in
ide_methods.bas to second listing and used the IDE to compile it in EXE only option. Still no difference than before. May be I did not compile it correctly.
Just letting you know what happend. Let me know when you can. Thanks again for replying.
(10-06-2023, 04:18 AM)GareBear Wrote: Thanks for replying to my question - problem, Dav and a740g. Dav, I did not know about the thread. a740, I did change line #5931 in
ide_methods.bas to second listing and used the IDE to compile it in EXE only option. Still no difference than before. May be I did not compile it correctly.
Just letting you know what happend. Let me know when you can. Thanks again for replying.
So, once you update and save `ide_methods.bas`, open `qb64pe.bas` and compile that. Depending on the `Run > Output EXE to Source Folder` setting, it will output the new `qb64pe.exe` either in the `source` folder or the main qb64pe folder. If the new `qb64pe.exe` is in the `source` folder simply move it to the main qb64pe folder overwriting the previous `qb64pe.exe`. That should do it.
a740g, to rephrased what you said, That did do it. It works like it should. Thank you! Smile