Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAM: Release notes in the works for upcoming release
If you are interested in this, even just to see Feather Wiki in action for release notes:

Release Notes
Sounds interesting, CharlieJV.  You coders who make things like this have my admiration. It’s a hard work. Good job with BAM.

If Pete was still around, I’m sure he’d be coming up with something funny using the new keyword  ‘DoNothing’  Big Grin 

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(10-10-2023, 01:11 PM)Dav Wrote: Sounds interesting, CharlieJV.  You coders who make things like this have my admiration. It’s a hard work. Good job with BAM.

If Pete was still around, I’m sure he’d be coming up with something funny using the new keyword  ‘DoNothing’  Big Grin 

- Dav

Loads of potential for some DoNothing ribbing.

The intent there is a bit the same as the "Pass" statement in Python, but I much prefer "DoNothing": what, pass a parameter?   pass gas?

Mostly DoNothing to avoid If expressions that involve NOT, which often just confuses me.
[Image: image-2023-10-11-134035336.png]
b = b + ...
The above post is ribbing with secret sauce LOL
b = b + ...
(10-10-2023, 05:57 PM)CharlieJV Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 01:11 PM)Dav Wrote: Sounds interesting, CharlieJV.  You coders who make things like this have my admiration. It’s a hard work. Good job with BAM.

- Dav

The intent there is a bit the same as the "Pass" statement in Python, but I much prefer "DoNothing": what, pass a parameter?   pass gas?

Mostly DoNothing to avoid If expressions that involve NOT, which often just confuses me.

REM is the BASIC DoNothing command.

IF x = 123 THEN REM

^That's a whole line of code which does absolutely nothing.  I suppose it more-or-less just acts like a stub so you can come back and fill in later whatever x is supposed to do when it equals 123, but at the moment, it really just does nothing.
(10-11-2023, 05:46 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 05:57 PM)CharlieJV Wrote:

- Dav

REM is the BASIC DoNothing command.

IF x = 123 THEN REM

^That's a whole line of code which does absolutely nothing.  I suppose it more-or-less just acts like a stub so you can come back and fill in later whatever x is supposed to do when it equals 123, but at the moment, it really just does nothing.

IF x = 123 THEN REM ELSE .... that ain't going to work.

IF x -= 123 THEN DoNothing ELSE ... is what I need in some circumstances.  Not often, but when I do, that does it for me.