Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games written with help of tutorial
(10-06-2022, 08:41 AM)bplus Wrote: @TerryRichie thankyou for complimentary words and place of honor in your tutorial, nice synopsis of games.

So Pete's thing is a poker slot machine, cool! (I couldn't get it to work from tapatalk.)

You are most welcome. Your games are great! Only good things to say about them.
(10-06-2022, 04:19 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 11:32 AM)a740g Wrote: @TerryRichie I noticed that you've not shared some of your earlier works. I find all of those really cool, interesting and an excellent learning resource.
I have managed to find and collect some of these and maintain a repository here https://github.com/a740g/QB64-Museum
You may want to check and re-publish some of these on your website.

I will continue to collect and catalog your work in my repo. Hope that is ok with you.

Thank you for that link to the repository. I'm slowing getting to all the games. Much of my earlier stuff needs tweaked before I post it to remove things like MIDI files and outdated links. I posted Super Mega-Bug without making these changes and it shows. The game play is difficult and sound doesn't work because MIDI is no longer supported. It even crashes now and then. I'll update Super Mega-Bug and most of the other early stuff I did and have it posted soon.

Of course you can catalog my work. It's always free and open to anyone that wishes to use/modify it. Smile

MIDI now works in our very latest versions, though it's still in experimental mode.  Wink
(10-06-2022, 04:24 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: MIDI now works in our very latest versions, though it's still in experimental mode.  Wink

I did not know that. I'm still using an earlier PE version. Time to update and fire up Super Mega-Bug to hear those sweet, sweet MIDI sounds again. Smile
(10-06-2022, 04:54 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 04:24 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: MIDI now works in our very latest versions, though it's still in experimental mode.  Wink

I did not know that. I'm still using an earlier PE version. Time to update and fire up Super Mega-Bug to hear those sweet, sweet MIDI sounds again. Smile

Just use the following somewhere at the top of your code and you are set.  Smile

Code: (Select All)
$Unstable:Midi
$MidiSoundFont:Default
QB64-PE has MIDI playback now?  Cool!  I'm gonna update...

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Don't get to excited, Dav. That first metacommand says it all for me... $UNSTABLE

I'll wait for the $STABLE version!

Pete