Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE suggestion
Not sure where a good place to suggest ideas for improving QB64's IDE so I am dropping it here. I'd be happy to do it right next time, if this isn't, if someone kindly points me to the right place.

Anyways, my idea is having a way to mark functions and subs in the SUBs menu (you know the one you get with F2). Be useful to mark complete, in-progress, or place holder and sort by such a flag. Just my two cents.

Have a lovely day or evening wherever you may be  Cool
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...0#pid13150

Most of that thread for starters. Other people are asking the same thing you are.
For me, I've used a simple little prefix system for stuff like this before.

SUB C_PrintOut
SUB IC_Locate
SUB NR_FileSave

The C_ is COMPLETE, IC_ is INCOMPLETE, NR_ is NEEDS REVISION, and so on.  Then, just using the Search and Replace function, it's easy enough to change the name programwide from IC_Locate to C_Locate (or whatnot) as needed.  Wink

As for sorting, just click the "Sort Sub/Function by name" option, and that'd easily show you what's finished, unfinished, and needs rework.
(04-06-2023, 09:25 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: For me, I've used a simple little prefix system for stuff like this before.

SUB C_PrintOut
SUB IC_Locate
SUB NR_FileSave

The C_ is COMPLETE, IC_ is INCOMPLETE, NR_ is NEEDS REVISION, and so on.  Then, just using the Search and Replace function, it's easy enough to change the name programwide from IC_Locate to C_Locate (or whatnot) as needed.  Wink

As for sorting, just click the "Sort Sub/Function by name" option, and that'd easily show you what's finished, unfinished, and needs rework.

A simple, and effective solution, as always.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
I always do something similar, except with v1, v2, etc. Reason being, "complete" is rarely actually "complete" for me lol.