Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2D Physics Engine Help
(06-15-2023, 03:43 AM)justsomeguy Wrote: I was looking over your code and WOW you put a lot of effort in your comments with ASCII art and everything. Good job! I wish I had the patience to do that. I will try to improve my source with more commenting.

If you still want to more or less roll your own physics engine, another resource I rolled across isĀ https://github.com/matthias-research/pag...utePhysics
His code is written in fair portable javascript. He has a Youtube channel as well, and can help explain the source.

Let me know if I can help you.
Hey, thanks for all the replies everyone. Sorry I did not get back to this until now, I was busy finishing up the summer banner code to get it submitted by the deadline.

I'm going to look over your code. The reason I decided to roll my own code is because I thought no one had attempted this before. I'll gladly use your code and build upon it, and yes, your help would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to have a 2D physics engine at everyone's disposal that is easy to use and implement. I want to write games but I'll tackle libraries if need be to get the results I want.

I would eventually like to use the library in lessons on my tutorial site, explaining how to use the engine's various features.

It's late so I'll play around with your engine tomorrow, and thank you for posting this! Smile
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(06-12-2023, 09:34 PM)justsomeguy Wrote: I'm mechatronic3000.

I have been working on my physics engine (its 100% written in QB64) to make it more generalized and refactoring large portions of it to be easier to use. Its far from being feature complete.
  • It currently has only two primitives, rectangles and circles. Concave objects are not supported yet.
  • It has joints and you chain them together.

I've attached a simple example program.

Forgive my poor example, It was the only one I had to test the latest version of the refactor.

I'm using OpenGL in this example, but it can easily use native QB64 commands if you wish.

If you guys want I can post more about it.

[Image: screenshot.jpg]
Yes, please do. I've been playing with it (see the DM I sent you) and have some of it figured out. Documentation on features and how to use/setup the engine would be really helpful.

Cool stuff!
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial