Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is QB code text MASSIVE on this site?
I'm seeing the following:

[Image: QB-code-formatting.png]

Is that just me?
Apparently that's just you.  I haven't heard anyone else mention an issue with the codeboxes and the size text inside them before.

What browser/OS are you using?
(06-12-2024, 10:49 PM)12centuries Wrote: I'm seeing the following:

[Image: QB-code-formatting.png]

Is that just me?

Hi @12centuries

I'd love to help you and make sure nothing is screwed up for you or anybody else.

Can you please provide:

What theme you have chosen for forum (bottom footer right side dropdown should tell you)
OS, Version, if Linux your WM
Browser and Version
Any browser add-ons that customize rendering - Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, adblocks, etc.
Resolution (yes it matters)
Window size at the time of screenshot (yes it matters)

Thanks!

If you prefer you can do this: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and paste it back here and I can look at that.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(06-13-2024, 10:48 AM)grymmjack Wrote: I'd love to help you and make sure nothing is screwed up for you or anybody else.
You know, I dug into this a little bit and I figured out the problem. Your CSS uses the "Perfect DOS VGA 437" font, and I actually already that have installed on my system, so my browser was using the local fonts rather than the remote fonts. 

But my fonts date from 2003, and are significantly larger than the latest 2008 version, so that was the source of the problem.  I updated the fonts on my system and all is well. I doubt you'll ever see someone with this problem on here again. 

Thank you for being interested in digging into the problem.
(06-14-2024, 12:41 AM)12centuries Wrote:
(06-13-2024, 10:48 AM)grymmjack Wrote: I'd love to help you and make sure nothing is screwed up for you or anybody else.
You know, I dug into this a little bit and I figured out the problem. Your CSS uses the "Perfect DOS VGA 437" font, and I actually already that have installed on my system, so my browser was using the local fonts rather than the remote fonts. 

But my fonts date from 2003, and are significantly larger than the latest 2008 version, so that was the source of the problem.  I updated the fonts on my system and all is well. I doubt you'll ever see someone with this problem on here again. 

Thank you for being interested in digging into the problem.

Great! Glad it's solved.

Ah! This is a function of @fontfamily in CSS I think - if a local version exists, it is used.

Maybe there is a way I can override that - obviously the way would be to modify the Perfect DOS VGA 437 font and add like "QB64PE" or something into it's name so that it's impossible to have both but!

Glad you are sorted and no problem.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(06-14-2024, 12:41 AM)12centuries Wrote: I doubt you'll ever see someone with this problem on here again.
Yet, if anyone does, thank you for actually posting your solution. Drives me nuts to be troubleshooting something and to find someone with the same issue, only for them to say, "Nevermind, I figured it out!"