Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google's Gemini AI in QB64
I tried it but got an error message about a missing API key. One have to log in to Google or it won't work. 
What a pity! I would like to give the AI   to be zap somebody one!  Sad

How do you translate something like that?: Ich würde der KI gerne einen vor den Latz hauen!

[Image: Gemini.jpg]

<shudder> That damn thing responds like my ex-wife. I think I'll refer to her as Jessica from now on.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(09-09-2024, 09:38 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: I tried it but got an error message about a missing API key. One have to log in to Google or it won't work. 
What a pity! I would like to give the AI   to be zap somebody one!  Sad

How do you translate something like that?: Ich würde der KI gerne einen vor den Latz hauen!

[Image: Gemini.jpg]

Kernelpanic, I've got a note in the code to go to aistudio.google.com and get an API key. You log in with your Google account and then you can generate one for interacting with the API.
Tread on those who tread on you

Quote:Kernelpanic, I've got a note in the code to go to aistudio.google.com and get an API key. You log in with your Google account and then you can generate one for interacting with the API.
Thanks for the tip. I signed up and checked the AI's knowledge. Something simple to start with:

Who invented the telephone?
The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell.

The answer is wrong, but it is stubbornly given again and again. The real inventor of the telephone was a German:
On October 26, 1861, the Friedrichsdorf teacher Philipp Reis gave a lecture to the members of the Physical Society in Frankfurt and demonstrated the telephone he had developed. That was the birth of the telephone in Germany and the world.

Reis was not a businessman, and therefore did not know how to market his invention.

[Image: Telefonerfinder2024-09-10-153144.jpg]
Quote:@SpriggsySpriggs: Tell me about the QB64 language
He, he, has the AI learned anything about QB64 yet, or did you help it along?  Big Grin

[Image: QB64-Gemini2024-09-10-192809.jpg]

PS: The answer to GW-Basic is also realistic. Did the AI program learn something so quickly?