Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_TITLE and extended ASCII characters.
Forgot to add to my previous post: maybe acquire the font suggested in the following post/thread, and try to set it "systemwide" in Windows?

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1046

The "SCREEN 0" of QB64PE could be shown without title bar on Windows, right? If so then a window frame could be drawn to show a title bar with funny characters, but it would require a graphics screen mode. It would work on systems of other people who don't want to install a strange font.
Been there, done that in some other apps. Here are the steps...

1) Use Windows API functions to exclude the title bar.
2) Make the 1st or 1st and 2nd rows a custom title bar.
3) Include - [] X symbols (Actually use chr$(254) instead of []) and assign click functions to each.
4) Use the Windows API system to create a window drag action. Not easy, but doable.

Pete
I'm excited to see the programming elite around here . . . yes, three headlines tussles?  Rolleyes

[Image: There-Are-Spiders-In.jpg]
Easiest solution might be to just hide the titlebar, draw your own, and then label it whatever the fart you want. Big Grin
(11-16-2022, 01:09 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Easiest solution might be to just hide the titlebar, draw your own, and then label it whatever the fart you want.  Big Grin

Uhmm, yeah, one might think about it.  Rolleyes
See post 32 where I go over just that.

Another workaround is to give it a crappy title name like: [F]ile Sam-Clip

Pete
(11-16-2022, 01:24 AM)Pete Wrote: See post 32 where I go over just that.

Another workaround is to give it a crappy title name like: [F]ile Sam-Clip

Pete

Yes, thanks! Reminds me of something . . . Oh yes, when I drive from Berlin to Hamburg, I always take the shortcut via Rome. Thanks! 
[Image: icon-ghost.gif]
Sure, but swinging a left around the Colosseum is a real bitch this time of year.

Pete