Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Pac-Man Clone
Finally! A working version I can share. This version is as about as close as you can get to the original without using MAME and ROM images.

I've been writing (and rewriting) this for 2 months now. There is still one known bug I need to track down. Sometimes the ghosts trapped in the ghost house will stop bobbing up and down. It doesn't affect game play and very rarely happens (which is why I'm having trouble tracking it down). I'll eventually find the bug and post an update, but in the meantime I need to take a break from it.

The ZIP file contains all the files needed (23 of them). The game creates a file when first executed called "pm.sav" that is two lines long and contains the options settings and high score.

Have fun! Waaka Waaka Waaka ...

Attached Files Image(s)

.zip   PacMan.zip (Size: 1.39 MB / Downloads: 126)
Congratulations Terry!   I hope this didn't take too much effort.

Quote:' Two months of programming to complete this game ... My brain hurts

Ouch...haha   Anyway it's a very precise clone, simply amazing work.
(12-26-2022, 08:33 PM)james2464 Wrote: Congratulations Terry!   I hope this didn't take too much effort.

Quote:' Two months of programming to complete this game ... My brain hurts

Ouch...haha   Anyway it's a very precise clone, simply amazing work.

Yeah, LOL, you found the last line of code. That's why I'm releasing it even though it still contains a bug. This game has to be the most difficult I've ever attempted to clone. On the surface it looks simple enough but under the hood there are hundreds of conditions that need to be monitored and modified constantly. I read that it took the original programmers a year and a half to write this. I can understand why.
thank you Terry Smile
(12-26-2022, 10:09 PM)Jack Wrote: thank you Terry Smile

You're most welcome Big Grin
Brilliant!
It took me a while to work out how to start, but I got there  (i ain't stoopid y'know!), and it was worth the effort! Congratulations and thanks for all the work!
Maybe a small "how to..." file for people like me would be good?  Big Grin
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
Great work Terry. Plays exactly as I remember - ie I lost again. Thanks for the game.
Question I forgot to ask. I see in the coding that there was to be an option for a fullscreen version however the playing options don't seem to provide for a fullscreen or does it?
(12-27-2022, 05:37 PM)Dimster Wrote: Question I forgot to ask. I see in the coding that there was to be an option for a fullscreen version however the playing options don't seem to provide for a fullscreen or does it?

Yes, go into options and you'll see two toggle for screen size. toggle them until you see full screen and then press S to save options. Full screen will take effect right away after pressing S.
Thank you Terence - I got it now