Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAV file splitter program?
(04-21-2023, 03:29 PM)Petr Wrote: I had to try it. I only tested it on 16 bit format. stereo, but it should work on all types. The created WAV files (cut original) have the same bitrate, the same number of channels, etc., only the length is different according to the text file.
in attachement my txt file as example.

Thanks Petr! I will give this a try when I am back at my PC, and let you know how it went.
(04-21-2023, 02:26 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Welcome to the forums.

It looks like the OP is asking for a program that takes a text-file description, each line first with time hint and then with "song name", to tell a program how to slice a big WAV file. If the topic starter also expects the program to find the "marker" chunks in a WAV then, well, it gets more complicated for the programmer if he/she is not used to the format.

It also might just be a good opportunity to learn rather than take the easy route.
Schuwatch!
Yes, it's me. Now shut up.
(04-21-2023, 05:01 PM)Ultraman Wrote:
(04-21-2023, 02:26 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Welcome to the forums.

It looks like the OP is asking for a program that takes a text-file description, each line first with time hint and then with "song name", to tell a program how to slice a big WAV file. If the topic starter also expects the program to find the "marker" chunks in a WAV then, well, it gets more complicated for the programmer if he/she is not used to the format.

It also might just be a good opportunity to learn rather than take the easy route.

I definitely an interested in learning to create and manipulate WAV files, so yes, this is a good opportunity to learn...
I've expanded it a bit, so I'm adding to my thread a version that can cut all supported formats in QB64PE as specified in the text file, that means also MOD, IT, XM, S3M, MP3... and more files.