Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Length of signature
What if I asked an Administrator for an extra star just to make my profile look cool!?
(06-22-2023, 03:30 AM)eoredson Wrote: What if I asked an Administrator for an extra star just to make my profile look cool!?

(2 days later).. No reply at all. Huh
But it's not how the forum works LOL. You could take a few pointers from bplus and Kernelpanic.

Otherwise grymmjack beat you to become administrator, only to get more stars and to control who gets how many stars. Wink

I just told you how to get at least one more star: post more often. If I have a large number of posts, it doesn't mean I'm a troll and it doesn't mean I liked writing here more than something else to do on Internet. I'm glad I didn't join the "dot-rip" forum because if I had at least a thousand posts before the crash it would have been tough to get along elsewhere...
Oh well. It was worth a try!?

How about: Vote my rep..
That has nothing to do with the stars. Terry Ritchie got to 20 reputation with less posts than you if I'm not mistaken, but recently got four stars since he has enough posts. (And didn't request to be "Mini-Mod" yet.) But it shouldn't be a cause of worry. As you can see I'm way behind Steve and bplus although I have almost as many posts as them, because I'm anti-social-networking, heh heh.
(06-25-2023, 02:47 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: That has nothing to do with the stars.

Stars and default titles are 100% based off number of user posts.

User Title
Newbie -- 0 
Junior Member -- 1
Senior Member -- 250
Posting Freak -- 750

Mods, Admin, and Mini-mods are given a set amount of stars based upon their status on the boards.  It's the same default settings which you'll find in amy mybb forum.  Wink
Still on the topic of Control Panel.. I have consolidated my signature and edited my username title..

Good. But I still a question: My allowed attachments are set to a maximum of 5 per thread.

So, could some Admin increase it to something greater like 9 to 10 per thread?

Thanks, Erik.
The thing is they could build up, and this forum doesn't make it easy to remove them. I'm still trying to remove a duplicate of a 16MB ZIP archive that I included because I had to correct a mistake. :/

EDIT: Although I checked just now and the unwanted big ZIP file was deleted finally, reducing the total attachments to less than 10MB again...

Increasing the attachment limit could encourage somebody eager to do nasty things... the springtime of last year was bad enough.

I would like to know bplus' opinion about this...
(07-07-2023, 01:58 AM)eoredson Wrote: Still on the topic of Control Panel.. I have consolidated my signature and edited my username title..

Good. But I still a question: My allowed attachments are set to a maximum of 5 per thread.

So, could some Admin increase it to something greater like 9 to 10 per thread?

Thanks, Erik.

Zip some files up into an archive together.  Utilities * Games * Demos * Other  <-- only 4 attachments needed there.  Most folks tend to like to download one file and then unzip it, rather than having to download every file separately.  Can you even imagine trying to download QB64 one file at a time?  Nobody would *ever* bother with the hassle!
Rats! It was worth a try. I guess I will delete old attachments and add new ones 5 at a time. Shy