Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working on the Doodle Drawing Recorder/Player. Testers wanted
One of two things. Might need the "Linux fix" which is a short `_DELAY` before the color choosing dialog is displayed.

If not, it's funny how `_DISPLAY` is being used in this brief example program. Maybe try it with `_AUTODISPLAY` just before opening the dialog?
Yeah I'm more convinced it's a problem with my system.  Nobody else has this problem with the function before. 

(08-31-2023, 11:48 PM)bplus Wrote: Of course not as nice as this one ;-))
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...68#pid1368

I was searching for that program in my saved files!  Couldn't find it.  Thanks.  

Works great, and nice compact slider code too.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(09-01-2023, 01:09 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: One of two things. Might need the "Linux fix" which is a short `_DELAY` before the color choosing dialog is displayed.

If not, it's funny how `_DISPLAY` is being used in this brief example program. Maybe try it with `_AUTODISPLAY` just before opening the dialog?

I tried a .5 delay before and after, but still happens now and then, I have a _DISPLAY in there because that's what my program state is in when calling the picker so I was trying to mimic that in the example, but it is worth a try turning autodisplay back on for the function and see if that helps, I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

- Dav

Quick question. Could you please explain the huge A$ string in the Function BASIMAGE1& ?
May your journey be free of incident. Live long and prosper.
(09-01-2023, 11:25 AM)johnno56 Wrote: Quick question. Could you please explain the huge A$ string in the Function BASIMAGE1& ?

That's the image of the hand saved into the code file instead of a separate one to load.
b = b + ...
Yes, it's the hand image in code.  I plan to use external image files down the road to have several kinds of drawing hands/images.  Maybe different brushes, having an eraser wiping screen clean, etc.  Played around with having the Phoenix bird flying around writing a message. 

@mnrvovrfc: The adding _Autodisplay seems to have helped some.  I tested it with that last night and only had the problem occur once.

- Dav

This is getting almost usable now.  Here's a new version:  Major changes are: Added file Saving/Loading/Playback, and an Undo.  Press M to toggle Menu bar On/Off.  It lists all the Keyboard Shortcuts. The Menu is still crude, will polish it up later. Your current select color is shown top right.  When the program starts you can start drawing  Hit SPACE to start over fresh (erases currently drawing from memory).

M = Menu On/Off
U = Undo last draw change
P = Playback current drawing
L = Load a drawing file.
S = Save a drawing file.
+/- = Increase/Decrease Brush size.
C = Color Select
D = Draw mode
F = Fill mode (paint)
SPACE = Clears and Restarts

I have attached the new version in a zip instead and included a sample .dag  file you can Load and play to test with. After you (L)oad it, you can (P)lay it.

- Dav

.zip   doodle13.zip (Size: 22.35 KB / Downloads: 69)