Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.13.1 bug report - keyboard characters swapped
Just loaded version 3.13.1 on my HP Envy Win10 laptop and found the characters " and @ are swapped.
Also, # produces u with a right tilted accent above it.
Using the default lucon.ttf font.

Tried DejaVu Sans Mono that I normally use on Linux, but this time on Win10 and same problem.
(06-02-2024, 10:54 AM)Circlotron Wrote: Just loaded version 3.13.1 on my HP Envy Win10 laptop and found the characters " and @ are swapped.
Also, # produces u with a right tilted accent above it.
Using the default lucon.ttf font.

Tried DejaVu Sans Mono that I normally use on Linux, but this time on Win10 and same problem.
In the IDE when you press the double quote key ( " ) you get an at sign ( @ ) instead? Or, does this happen when running certain code?

That must be something specific to your system or use case. Surely this would have been caught right away. The keyboard functions normally for me with 3.13.1 and Windows 7 Pro.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Check your system language and keyboard settings.  Smile
Yeah, it turns out it's the keyboard and language settings. Jusy now I tried typing something in Notepad and the same thing occurs.
Only installed Win10 a couple of days ago and haven't done anything with it yet. It is not yet activated so it is stuck on British English and can't be changed until after activation.