Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64PE Chat Server
(06-05-2024, 06:45 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 03:39 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: A work-in-progress, but it's now to the point that it does the very barest of TCP/IP communication back and forth across the internet.

I'll leave the host up and running all day, 
Would you post the host so we can play with it between 2 computers on a LAN?

Hi madscijr. This new chat/host got me interested in doing that too, so I started messing with Steve's old chat which has the host posted too.  Smaller program, but fun to mess with until this new host program is posted.  (Steve's mini messenger)

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(06-06-2024, 12:13 PM)Dav Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 06:45 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 03:39 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: A work-in-progress, but it's now to the point that it does the very barest of TCP/IP communication back and forth across the internet.

I'll leave the host up and running all day, 
Would you post the host so we can play with it between 2 computers on a LAN?

Hi madscijr. This new chat/host got me interested in doing that too, so I started messing with Steve's old chat which has the host posted too.  Smaller program, but fun to mess with until this new host program is posted.  (Steve's mini messenger)

- Dav

Perfect - thanks for calling attention to that!
(06-06-2024, 12:41 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Server back offline once again, for the night.  I'll let you guys know when it'll be back later.  Smile
When will the server be back online? I want to post some dirty jokes.  Tongue
Client under the first post has now been upgraded with a rather substantial overhaul.  

The server is back up and running, for anyone who wants to test things.

(At this point, I'd rather not say what has changed, so I can see if my loyal test users can spot the difference in behavior on their own.)  Big Grin

Feel free to grab a copy of the client from the first post, fire it up, and see if you can tell any difference.  Wink
And for those who were requesting a chance to view the host, it's now up in the SECOND post in this topic.

First post has the current CLIENT.
Second post has the current HOST.

From the latest testing, things seem stable enough to share at this point, and I'm nearing the end of what I was trying to accomplish with testing and such with this little test chat server/client.  Now I'll just have to take what I've learned here and apply it for the actual programs that I was working towards to begin with.

Wink
The list is good. Has the CIA asked yet?  Big Grin

Then I added my query again; I like it better that way. Console:Only doesn't work, of course. But why not, what is the reason?
The warning is still displayed.

[Image: Chat-Warnung2024-06-05.jpg]