Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GDK2
Hi everyone.

I have once again found time to code! First job was to re-learn how! 

So....UnseenGDK 2 is what I am currently working on and I took the decision to make it a proper "Engine" rather than a "Kit". 

My main aim was to make it easy to load "Assets" (sprites, models, textures, sounds, etc...), get input, animate, move and detect collisions all automatically. Assets are defined by ID tags and are all stored in a single _MEM block. 

Currently I am working on finishing the 2d library before adding GL features but it's going well. 

Let me know if you guys want a sneaky peak....

Thanks and happy coding!

Unseen
Always happy to try out anything you share with us, Unseen.   Smile

Welcome back to the forums.  Your presence has been missed.  I'm always happy when one of our long lost members finds their way back home here to us.  Big Grin
(06-24-2024, 07:24 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: Always happy to try out anything you share with us, Unseen.   Smile

Welcome back to the forums.  Your presence has been missed.  I'm always happy when one of our long lost members finds their way back home here to us.  Big Grin

Thanks mate,

Its far from finished, currently MEMing whole TYPE defs rather than just inserting data at the right _OFFSET but thats a future optimisation I will get round too....

And i never got lost, just was very UNSEEN for a while. 

I will bang a demo together showing how the new Idea works compare to old GDK over the next few days.

*My star rating is sooooooooo not on point though! Im an OG as far as QB64 is concerned!

Q, Has the linking to external C++ libs been fixed yet!

Thanks,

Unseen
(06-25-2024, 12:06 AM)Unseen Machine Wrote: Q, Has the linking to external C++ libs been fixed yet!

Without knowing exactly what you consider "broken" with them, I can't swear that we've "fixed" them, but there has a been a good bit of work on their pathing and location placement and other such stuff in the last dozen plus versions since we saw you around last. Wink

All I can suggest is to try out whatever you thought was broke, and if it works, we fixed it! If it doesn't, then feel free to let us know what's wrong and we'll take a look at it when we can. As far as I know though, I don't think there's any outstanding issues on our radar with linking to external libs.
Welcome back Jon!
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Un-Unseen? I swear you take off more than a stripper in Siberia. 

Kidding aside, great to unsee you again!

Pete (From the QBasic Forums)
Welcome back UnseenMachine!

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Hi Unseen
fine to see you have in activity with your own projects.
Hi Gang! 

Thanks for the warm welcome, good to see the old faces are still active! 

So dev on GDK2 is slow. Whilst i've proved to myself that the idea is sound, it's only really going to be usable by the editor i am making as it's design is as a proper "Engine" and everything will be completely automated...being either event or timer driven...this means that until i actually make the editor i have to create all the relevant files manually! 

This being said...I have made a program with GDK2 that creates the screen, loads a sprite, draws and animates it and also gathers input all will only 3 lines of code. The library inclusions and a call to GDK2_System_Start...! More to come!

Thanks folks, and if anyone would like to collab on the game editor I am trying to make i'd be happy for the help!

Happy coding!!!

Unseen