Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with hardware and software graphics
(04-27-2022, 02:07 PM)bplus Wrote: are you drawing objects like spaceships each time or using their image as sprite?

As OldMoses said, Background is good for hard images (I hardly use Hard image either), but also allot of graphic drawing can be saved into a separate image with handle and that may save some time too. Are you doing that?

Actually I have one image loaded with _LOADIMAGE, only 1 sprite, and I'm drawing objects each time. 
Starships are not the problem because they are small. My big problem is the nebulae. They also are images loaded, and currently I draw them with _PUTIMAGE but only a piece of them (the one that is currently visible on the screen). The other part of it and the rest of the objects are not painted.

(04-27-2022, 08:02 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Hi @Ikerkaz,

First two things... Big fan of Star Trek and Amstrad (cpc464)... Woo Hoo!

I may not be of much help... But, from my experience in space games, certain things just do not move... eg: Galaxies and Nebulae (unless you are travelling 'through' them) in comparison to the relative speed of your ship... they just do not move. Stars (unless warp speed is used) should move 'slowly'. Asteroids and planets a little quicker... (Note: If you are going for accuracy, Starships are not permitted to use warp speed within a solar system - here ends today's lesson.. lol)

Question: Are you using some kind of "cloud" type function to draw the nebula? If you are not flying through it, my advice would be, use a fixed image instead.

If it is at all possible, may I see a screenshot, of what you have done so far?

J
I have a CPC6128 and it is working almost perfectly Smile
The nebulae are big PNGs with transparency. Actually I paint a faded "galaxy" background, over this I paint starships and then I paint nebulae, in order to show some king of transparency effects.

This is a current screenshot, it is totally incomplete and it have a lot of things that I have to change (among some random numbers that I use for debugging the program).

[Image: game.jpg]

Grettings!
IKZ
10 PRINT "Hola! Smile"
20 GOTO 10

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with hardware and software graphics - by Ikerkaz - 04-28-2022, 12:17 PM