Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with hardware and software graphics
(04-28-2022, 01:07 PM)bplus Wrote: Wow! you've allot going on, 1 regular looking screen and 6 screenettes! I hope you aren't redrawing the whole 7 when you update only one screenette(=tiny screen).

I suspect you have a large monitor you are doing this on.
My monitor is 24'' ... ¿redrawing the whole 7? eh... oh... glupbs... maybe this is one of the problems...  Angel

(04-28-2022, 02:51 PM)OldMoses Wrote: That looks amazing! I can't wait to see it working.
Thanks !!!

(04-28-2022, 02:58 PM)Gets Wrote:
Quote:The HARDWARE  screen is cleared every time you use DISPLAY, so you’ll need to repaste it each time you update. This can be an issue if you were sometimes only updating mini screens to save time. The SOFTWARE  page shouldn’t be cleared unless you do  it yourself, so guessing why that wouldn’t display is more difficult. Could be a DISPLAYORDER issue,maybe you used it multiple times and didn’t always include the SOFTWARE layer?  In general, you should set the DISPLAYORDER once and forget about it
The biggest question is this: I don't know how to use hardware and software screens. I would need a manual about it, because integrated help and wiki are not enough for me Sad

(04-28-2022, 09:01 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Fascinating. Using both 'Constitution' and 'Galaxy' class starships in the same game... lol

Thank you for the image. Much appreciated.

J

ps: My cpc464 died a natural death some decades ago... I now use an emulator. I actually still have the user manual... You just have to love hardcopy for reference... lol
¿'Galaxy' starship? ¿Are you saying that or maybe 'Sovereign') Big Grin Wink

It is not relevant, I only tried to show some starships in order to check how are they displayed on the screen Wink

Thanks!
IKZ
10 PRINT "Hola! Smile"
20 GOTO 10

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with hardware and software graphics - by Ikerkaz - 04-29-2022, 07:39 AM