Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with hardware and software graphics
(05-01-2022, 02:38 PM)bplus Wrote: @OldMoses could you need a well placed _Display, not sure how it works with hardware images, but when something is not showing up or is after... I always suspect a needed _Display for showing immediately.

I've tried moving display around {though not sure where it might go, if not at the end of the display loop}. I've tried multiple _DISPLAYs which generally yields various weird screen flickers. I've tried defining a software image handle copy of the screen, drawing to that, then using _PUTIMAGE after the hardware images are drawn. I've tried every combination of _DISPLAYORDER that seems reasonable or even crazy to try, they usually blank out one or the other.

I tried _DISPLAYORDER _HARDWARE before drawing hardware images then switching to _SOFTWARE just before drawing the targeting elements. That resulted in hardware images occasionally flickering on a black targeting screen, then changing to full hardware displays while the cueball was moving, which makes sense given the code arrangement, which only activates targeting elements once the cueball has stopped moving.

So far, any software defined image, LINE or _PRINTSTRING command seems determined to go UNDER the hardware images.

Just as Ikerkaz indicated, there is something I'm not getting about the nature of hardware images.
DO: LOOP: DO: LOOP
sha_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with hardware and software graphics - by OldMoses - 05-01-2022, 04:02 PM