Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete
You guys are lucky; I've stuck around more-or-less this year.  Most years, once Halloween rolls around, we get so busy here on the farm that I just disappear from October till January.  (Pumpkins in October, Christmas Trees after.)  The strain of dealing with the seasonal work, plus family obligations, leads to a massive case of Steve Burnout(tm), and then the cold weather settles in and my arthritis *really* starts to flare up.  Generally, from New Years to April's Fools, I tend to just grumpily hide under my covers and hibernate for the whole Winter season.  This year, I skipped out on the seasonal sales (I had open heart surgery in September and said, "Shit on it.  Let 'em get a tree or pumpkin elsewhere.  I'm doped up, grumpy, AND moody!"), so I've been here more or less the whole time.  

Big Grin

Pete'll be back soon, as long as the flooding and snows and weather didn't wash his golf bag out into the Pacific somewhere.  If that happened, then I imagine it'll take him a while to swim out and paddle back with the strap between his teeth.  All I've got to say is he better enjoy his time off THIS year, because next year, I'm definitely going to take MY vacation again!  

Wink

Messages In This Thread
Pete - by Dimster - 03-12-2023, 03:08 PM
RE: Pete - by mnrvovrfc - 03-12-2023, 03:28 PM
RE: Pete - by TerryRitchie - 03-12-2023, 04:24 PM
RE: Pete - by Dimster - 03-12-2023, 05:23 PM
RE: Pete - by SMcNeill - 03-12-2023, 06:41 PM
RE: Pete - by Dimster - 03-13-2023, 01:39 PM
RE: Pete - by Pete - 06-28-2024, 09:44 PM