Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there?
I'm glad for you, could do more than I could.

I should have said something about frustration trying to tell other people about QB64 in general, and about Phoenix Edition. I got into a forum for a Linux distro. There was like zero interest. It was almost like they treated me as the maintainer of the product. It wasn't enough that I indicated I'm not one of the developers nor contributors. I had thought, naively, that at least one person would be dying to get away from Python, recalling any bit of BASIC to program a simple game or application for some kind of automation. Nope.

Elsewhere with people quite used to Unix and Unix-like, they'd be like, "Just install Wine and get it overwith, and otherwise leave me alone about Windows". Yet they are very critical about a program that is supposed to be cross-platform such as Freebasic. They should know better that it's not easy, even if it's payware.

Not all Linux OS's could have Wine easily. Must follow Alienbob's instructions first to enable "multilib" mode in what is 64-bit-only Slackware otherwise, to then install Wine and then watch out. However, people that tend to choose that OS might not care a whole lot about alternatives which are less like Unix, maybe except FreeBSD.

It's interesting because even after all these years and Wine got out of version 1, people still recall it the most when they want to play games. But thankfully there is a consciousness growing that it could work for "more serious" stuff... except what must employ foolish, selfish copy-protection.

I'm sorry for derailing this topic.

Messages In This Thread
Is there? - by aurel - 03-16-2023, 10:00 AM
RE: Is there? - by SpriggsySpriggs - 03-16-2023, 01:27 PM
RE: Is there? - by mnrvovrfc - 03-16-2023, 02:06 PM
RE: Is there? - by aurel - 03-16-2023, 01:50 PM
RE: Is there? - by SpriggsySpriggs - 03-16-2023, 03:04 PM
RE: Is there? - by mnrvovrfc - 03-16-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: Is there? - by aurel - 03-16-2023, 03:56 PM
RE: Is there? - by mnrvovrfc - 03-16-2023, 05:18 PM
RE: Is there? - by SpriggsySpriggs - 03-16-2023, 04:58 PM
RE: Is there? - by SpriggsySpriggs - 03-16-2023, 09:11 PM