Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAV file splitter program?
From MP4 it might be possible with FFMPEG but the command-line syntax is very complicated and convoluted.

At around this time last year LOL I downloaded the first six episodes of "Silver Moon" Anime cartoon series from "archive-dot-org". It was slow, over six hours! It came as a bunch of VOB files that I had to put together into a single MP4 file using FFMPEG on Windows. But that's putting together the pieces, not taking the big one apart! I'm saying this because it should be possible to get smaller WAV files out of a single MP4, but the utility to do it is difficult to deal with for the average user. Because you want audio only it's easier than video to video.

As I've said in my first post in this topic, all it requires is parsing the time, from the text file that you provided as input, then find the way to turn that into a sample frame number. Then just use _SNDOPEN() to load the WAV, use _MEMSOUND() to get a _MEM variable for it, then allocate another _MEM variable [not necessary to use the new syntax for _SNDOPEN() because there's no direct way to save that to disk] for the output buffer to hold a piece of the large sample data buffer. Could use _MEMGET and _MEMPUT for the "slow" way, or if you know what you are really doing, could just use _MEMCOPY with the right size of one song from the sample data. Adding silence at front or back is up to you, will require additional programming (trickery) but not really that difficult. I wish I could cobble up an example for you.

Doing sample markers inside a WAV isn't going to get the names of the songs in many cases. It depends on a WAV prepared by the original author, or if conversion to WAV was able to go that far. That's why "your way" is better: I give you a wave file and a text file for how to chop it up. LOL.

EDIT: I had ignored Petr's contribution. That should be enough. Just fix it for the sake of absolute elapsed times over the big wave file.

Messages In This Thread
WAV file splitter program? - by madscijr - 04-20-2023, 02:01 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by bplus - 04-20-2023, 02:08 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by madscijr - 04-20-2023, 02:42 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by mnrvovrfc - 04-20-2023, 07:29 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by Petr - 04-20-2023, 08:39 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by Ultraman - 04-21-2023, 01:54 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by mnrvovrfc - 04-21-2023, 02:26 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by madscijr - 04-21-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by Ultraman - 04-21-2023, 05:01 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by madscijr - 04-21-2023, 05:11 PM
RE: WAV file splitter program? - by Petr - 04-21-2023, 03:29 PM