Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a problem with _RESIZE or expected behavior?
(05-29-2023, 11:56 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Is your program influenced by $CONSOLE:ONLY?

This is a PITA away from Windows, and I don't know anymore about CMD.EXE which at least on Windows7 I remembered its other-worldly behavior with maximizing its window. You might have to give up on this and try to use a QB64 SCREEN 0.

It might require calling a function from Win API or through Power Shell.

I was going to propose using _WIDTH and _HEIGHT for a short program while such a window is maximized, so you could check against that to try to detect if the window is maximized.

On Linux could use the following terminal command I recently learned:

Code: (Select All)
stty size

to get the current number of rows and columns (in that order on the same line) of the terminal even if it were maximized (not full-screen mode which is without window decorations). Then it would have to be treated like SCREEN 0 and LOCATE positions.

I don't think it is influenced by $CONSOLE:ONLY. I say this because _RESIZE works flawlessly when resizing the windows by dragging the sides or corners of the window, it is only the maximize button that presents problems.

Also, the program is now over 16,000 lines so rearchitecting it to not use a console window is simply out of the question. There are other very specific reasons for using a console window as well, but I won't bore you with those details here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this a problem with _RESIZE or expected behavior? - by hanness - 05-30-2023, 12:44 AM