Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TankDrum - Virtual tankdrum instrument to play record songs
(05-31-2023, 02:39 PM)grymmjack Wrote: RAD @dav

I'd love to check this out in a video and make some music with it.

I started a prototype design for a SOUND sequencer. The idea is to just use SOUNDs only (lo-fi!). 8 little sequencers using SCREEN 0 and SOUND. Super nerdy but fun! Also will help me learn how to use time based events (animation), etc.
[Image: SOUND64.png]

It will be the first project I try to make in QB64 AND QBJS at the same time. My rationale is that by creating a project in 2 spots (basically when milestones of progress are reached in QB64, do the same testing in qbjs) I can help the qbjs project and @dbox to find any issues, or make a good example for sharing later in samples section on wiki.

The neat thing about qbjs (and this might interest you @dav, too because you made this, so assuming you are into computer music general sense too): it supports not just square waves, but also sine, triangle, and sawtooth!

Right now I have a PR into qbjs to get the SOUND keyword added waiting on approval from @dbox, but it works as intended.

My other selfish thought is perhaps what we evolve / extend QB64 in QBJS could also be evolved / extended in QB64PE Smile @a740g @SMcNeil

Do these @ things work? How do we "tag someone"?

Thanks!!!!

Yeah. My idea is to extend `SOUND` not only with the waveform type but also a channel parameter. This suggestion was made by @RhoSigma and originates from AmigaBASIC.
See Amiga BASIC like `WAVE` and `SOUND` improvements · Issue #187 · QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe (github.com)
To ensure that all channels start playing the sound at the same time, we would also need to implement the AmigaBASIC like `SOUND _WAIT` and `SOUND _RESUME`.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TankDrum - Virtual tankdrum instrument to play record songs - by a740g - 05-31-2023, 09:54 PM