Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No warning to mix screen 0 and screen graphic commands!
Help!
For all coders like me that are too old to abandon the old Qbasic Keywords vs new QB63pe keywords, it should be a warning AI in the parser!

run this code and you can experimenting what I'm saying.
Code: (Select All)
Dim Shared S1 As Long, S2 As Long
S1 = _NewImage(1200, 900, 32)
S2 = _NewImage(1200, 300, 32)
_SetAlpha 100, 0, S2
Screen S1
Paint (1, 1), _RGBA32(0, 100, 100, 256)
_Delay 1
_Dest S2
Print "If you see color back to this text all is ok"
_PutImage (1, 600), S2, S1
well, if you watch at the output... you see that all that is a screen 0 output (PRINT in this case)  has been _putimaged on the application screen without no alpha effect!
At a first time it has been clear to my old mind! Why the part of S2 that brings PRINT output is not under the effect of _setalpha? 
Yes PRINT is a keyword of SCREEN 0, but I believe that _setalpha should work on the whole S2 and not only to the part that brings a graphic effect.
In other words I should get this result if I make output directly to the main screen, while if I copy a screen that has a not full grade of trasparency (alpha < 256)  I should get that the whole image shows the trasparency effect.

In this case it seems that copying the output of a SCREEN 0 let it at screen 0 level! 
Like I cannot use screen function with graphic text (using Fonts).

Messages In This Thread
No warning to mix screen 0 and screen graphic commands! - by TempodiBasic - 06-14-2023, 01:24 AM