Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker
Glad to share revision 3 of Schizandra and Schizandrafield.

http://www.sanmayce.com/Schizandra/
http://www.sanmayce.com/Schizandra/Schizandra_r3.7z

Q: What is this duo all about? 
A: In short, exploring the appearance(s) of a given word across 57 mainstay English wordlists, ergonomically!

Highlights:
- Allowing quick word queries into biggest English wordlist 'Schizandrafield' - 800+ million unique words strong;
- The simplistic GUI works on Windows and Linux, on old laptops with only HD i.e. 1366x768;
- Just make a shortcut/link to the executable, either 'Schizandra_r3.elf' or 'Schizandra_r3.exe';
- The identical interface is minimalistic (and oldschool) - easy on the eyes - using internal/built-in 16x32 font, pastel/sepia/grayscale colors, vintage sounds;
- Simulating a typewriter soundage, for better feedback;
- The virtual keyboard is huge, hitting the 'keys' is EZ - released mode only i.e. no incidental repeats;
- Along with quick spellcheck suggestions (left and right word to the missing word), the 67+ thousand Random House Webster transcriptions are shown while typing;
- Queries are semi-powerful - in addition to exact searches, via wildcards and fuzzy (Longest-Common-Sub-String and Longest-Common-Sub-Sequence) too;
- 100% FREE, full sourcecode included, licenseless;
- This revision serves as an initial platform/platzdarm/launchpad for future text-related tools;
- Written in C & QB64 by machinely yours Sanmayce, suggesting at sanmayce@yahoo.com new/refined functionalities you may.

Enfun!
2023-Aug-21

Inhere we have one good starting point for writing simple GUI tools, the interface is maximally easy on the eyes, targeting oldest laptops with their 1366x768 mode.

I made the mouse support for the VirtualLetterboard, please share whether the typing on touchscreens is good:

Also wrote the main combos for GamePad support but only implemented the starting button, the rest to be done, think entering text via buttons and sticks will be a nice addition.
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker - by Sanmayce - 08-23-2023, 02:40 AM