Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_PUTIMAGE Question
This question pertains to my work on the hardware acceleration lesson in the tutorial.

According to the Wiki _PUTIMAGE should be allowed to use hardware images as either the source or destination. However this is not working for me. Please take a look at the sample code I included below. Am I missing something obvious or does the Wiki need updating?

Code: (Select All)
OPTION _EXPLICIT '    declare those variables son!

DIM SWimage AS LONG ' software image
DIM HWimage AS LONG ' hardware image

SCREEN _NEWIMAGE(640, 480, 32) '     create a software surface
SWimage = _NEWIMAGE(100, 100, 32) '  create a software image
_DEST SWimage '                      draw on the software image
CIRCLE (49, 49), 49 '                create a full size circle on the software image
HWimage = _COPYIMAGE(SWimage, 33) '  create a hardware version of the software image
CLS '                                clear the software image
CIRCLE (49, 49), 24 '                create a half size circle on the software image
_DEST 0 '                            return to the software surface
_PUTIMAGE (0, 0), SWimage '          place the software image onto the software surface

'+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
'| According to the Wiki _PUTIMAGE should be allowed to use hardware images, however it's not working.              |
'|                                                                                                                  |
'| "Hardware images (created using mode 33 via _LOADIMAGE or _COPYIMAGE) can be used as the source or destination." |
'|                                                                                                                  |
'| The quote above was taken directly from the Wiki.                                                                |
'+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

'_PUTIMAGE (0, 0), HWimage, SWimage ' nope, invalid handle           <<--- neither one of these work?
'_PUTIMAGE (0, 0), SWimage, HWimage ' nope, invalid handle           <<---

DO
    _LIMIT 15 '                      slow down hoss
    _PUTIMAGE (0, 0), HWimage '      draw the hardware image over the software image
    _DISPLAY '                       update the surfaces
LOOP UNTIL _KEYDOWN(27) '            leave when ESC pressed
_FREEIMAGE SWimage
_FREEIMAGE HWimage
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial

Messages In This Thread
_PUTIMAGE Question - by TerryRitchie - 09-17-2023, 02:56 AM
RE: _PUTIMAGE Question - by SMcNeill - 09-17-2023, 03:37 AM
RE: _PUTIMAGE Question - by TerryRitchie - 09-17-2023, 05:17 AM
RE: _PUTIMAGE Question - by TempodiBasic - 09-17-2023, 08:11 PM