Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker
Wanted to add some animation (frames taken from animated GIFs) along progress bars, faced few problems, in short I consider going from 256 to 32 mode i.e. from 8bit to 32bit, so exciting since I will bypass using LOADFONT and even PRINT, will write my own 'PRINT32' which I intend to compete speedwise with PRINT, will see, so this is the revision 1 of the incoming benchmark using the '_PutImage', the way the beloved Masakari is animated will be used to "draw" each character.

My old KAZUMA.COM resident font/keyboard tool used ~10 superb 8x14 and 8x16 fonts, will add them all to the new tools, it is a shame those beautiful fonts to remain unused, for modes FHD and higher will add 2x variants doubling the matrix to 16x28 and 16x32...

Got some superb transparent animated GIFs (like a funny robot), they fit nicely onto Textual Canvas adding some vibe/vividness, so excited.

The idea is to create an image e.g. (256*8)x16 which will be the whole font drawn and with the respective offsets each char will be extracted/moved to the main working image.

My quick benchmarking for rev.1:

Trimasakari_Fedora_Celeron-N4100.png:

trimasakari_Windows_i5-7200U.png:

In rev.2 I intend to draw text all over the place with different fonts simultaneously in order to stress the API via thousands of '_PutImage' invocations...

Attached Files
.zip   trimasakari_benchmark.zip (Size: 2.32 MB / Downloads: 78)
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker - by Sanmayce - 10-06-2023, 05:34 AM