Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker
>... seriously why is this in the "Help Me" board ...

This benchmark is only an etude (a stepping stone) for future revisions of Schizandra, the few superb animated GIFs I liked so much are the driving force behind adding transparent animations, also I am targeting 2K,3K,4K modes in which a mix of 8x16 and 16x32 are needed, so the playingground is bigger. Hopefully, the QB64 developers can help to improve the speed and suggest new ideas.

>... one who can explain this advanced tech stuff to me or newbies ...

No problema, just ask whatever interests you, nothing advanced really, just using the built-in QB64 stuff.

Anyway, wrote 'print32', the speed drop is nasty, by 40 frames, grmbl:

In Fedora, Thinkpad 11e gen.6 (Celeron N4100):

In Windows, Ideapad (Kaby Lake 7200U):

In attached benchmark, 16 8x16 fonts have been added, their 2x i.e. 16x32 counterparts will be added in next revision.

The second textual chunk (under the cyanish Masakaris) is printed char by char which results in ~16*160 '_PutImage' invocations.

In next revision will add 2x version of the 4 EGA fonts, also have to figure the color selection out, some color replacement for the whole image containing all the 256 symbols...

Attached Files
.zip   Trimasakari_benchmark_r1+.zip (Size: 2.35 MB / Downloads: 55)
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker - by Sanmayce - 10-06-2023, 08:22 PM