Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker
So glad to share Trimasakari, r.2 - the QB64 Smooth Scrolling fileviewer - my latest toy - first subrevision:

On my laptop with i5-7200U CPU and Linux, it scrolls at 351 FPS:

Hee-hee, this is the first (known to me) fileviewer that accepts neither command line nor drag-and-drop, not having even dialogue menu. It opens (if it is a valid one) the [path]filename in the clipboard.

Trimasakari, r.2 quick keys: 
- Use 'Esc' to exit; 
- Use 'Alt+Enter' to toggle fullscreen/window mode; 
- Use 'Backspace' to toggle short/wide text field;
- Use Home/End/PgUp/PgDn;
- Use Left/Right to select a preset color;
- Use Up/Down to Smooth-Scroll one line;
- Use 'Spacebar' to run/pause Automatic-Smooth-Scroll downwards;
- Use 'F' to change font;

README.DIZ

This is a short description of Trimasakari revision 2 - the QB64 smooth scrolling file viewer.

In the package, ELF/EXE binaries are included, full sourcecode as well.

Running without a valid [path]filename in the clipboard the tool runs as a color/scroll benchmark, in HD mode.
If e.g. you press Ctrl+C in Caja (Linux Fedora) on selected file - the full path to that file goes to clipboard, then just run Trimasakari - it will show the content of this file (in streaming mode).

The main feature is the easy on the eyes line-by-line smooth scroll, on i5-7200U CPU the scroll speed is 250-330 FPS, just press Spacebar to run/pause scrolling - handy to place your palm resting before the laptop touchpad.

With the cheapest/palest HD screens, the default 8x32 font is candy to the eyes, on fancy wide angles screens it is posssible to tilt the screen to 45 degrees without straining your eyes - the slenderness of font compensates.

In next revisions will add searchability (taken from my Dirwalker tool), the idea is to browse Wikipedia XML dump, EZ!

Enfun,
2023-Oct-20
Sanmayce

Attached Files
.zip   Trimasakari_benchmark_r2.zip (Size: 18.93 MB / Downloads: 35)
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schizandra - the QB64 English wordlist-walker - by Sanmayce - 10-21-2023, 02:48 PM