Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix Clock by harixx (from 6-16-2010)
(11-14-2023, 12:27 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: LOL!  I love how Terry can whip out a completely different version of the code, which appears intended to do completely different things, but which as the same name, version, author, and date!

What I have looks to be an incomplete work in progress of some sort.  It appears that it was intended to allow the user to set an alarm of some type which it then was going to beep and flash a BMP image of some sort -- but it was never fully implemented:

Code: (Select All)
SUB CheckForEvent (tm$)

END SUB

Terry's code seems more complete, but doesn't have the event handling in it.  Instead, it allows for a custom message to be used with it...

... which leads me to now wondering, "Just how many MATRIX v1.0 did harixx create on 6-6-2010???  And which one is the v1.0-FINAL one?"  LOL!
Unfortunately I can't find the complete version I used in the classroom. The CheckForEvent SUB worked perfectly letting the students know when open lab started and ended, break time, and other tidbits of knowledge that would show up. There were pictures and audio queues to go along with the events too.

I searched all my NAS' but not there. I must have left the code on my teacher system which stayed at the school when I left.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial

Messages In This Thread
RE: Matrix Clock by harixx (from 6-16-2010) - by TerryRitchie - 11-14-2023, 04:26 AM