Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.12.0 Released!
(03-01-2024, 03:35 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 03:23 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: I swear, you guys have better eyes than me.  If this was a game of spot-the-difference, I'd lose.  Ijust can't tell any change in those words.  What's different aboutthem?  What am I missing?  LOL!

Look at the capital Ms and Ns in the text. The left vertical legs of each is very thin. This happens with other vertical lines as well, but is easily seen in the Ms and Ns. Horizontal lines seem to be affected too to a lesser degree.

Bplus' images show a much more degraded lettering than mine though. The difference between operating systems perhaps?

I had this issue with "thin" letters ages ago, with my new PC.  Turned out it was a problem with FXAA anti-aliasing working too hard to smooth images all the time, and that tended to fade out the edges of my letters.  

Since this is using a newer version of TrueType, I would guess that it's trying to do this same type anti-aliasing with the letters.  Just for curiousity's sake, can you go into Nvidea Control Panel and turn FXAA off and see if the issue persists?  (It may require a reboot; I don't remember if it does or doesn't.)  If that's all there is, then there may be some option in the new library to toggle that effect off for our letters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.12.0 Released! - by SMcNeill - 03-01-2024, 03:55 AM