Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is _NEWIMAGE just a nicer way of saying, "Special needs?"
Just poking some fun at the obvious extra work and thinking required to expand font use in a graphics environment, instead of taking advantage of the ease of spacing and wrapping with a text display.

I'm wondering if I could cheat it a bit, and get something that looks reasonably okay using mono-spaced fonts. The challenge here would be finding bold and italics in the same as regular font.

It's possible to make a wrap routine based upon non-mono-spaced fonts, by concatenating the font widths. When there is enough physical space, then wrap. I guess another alternative would be to measure any font width and simply print it to the screen at center point, 16 pixels away from the previous center point.

I really wonder how Word works in this regard. Regular fonts, bold, italicized, underlined. Well, you don't actually need an underlined font set, just position a LINE statement.

I wish all fonts came with the above aforementioned glyphs, but they don't. If anyone has found some better choices, methods, or font selections for this type of project, I'm all ears... You just can't see them unders me big ASCII hat.

Pete

- Steve to reply... Look, Pete just called himself a, " big ASCII hat. "

Messages In This Thread
Is _NEWIMAGE just a nicer way of saying, "Special needs?" - by Pete - 03-10-2024, 07:51 PM