Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BASIC's Comparison Matrix: ideas for content?
(05-19-2022, 05:55 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: ZERO security issues.  What you have is a BASIC program inside a web page, transpiled to javascript at runtime, which can only access what is in the web page.
ZERO access to anything outside the web page.  ZERO access to hard drive.
It is a sandbox.  TiddlyWiki and anything in it, same thing for a BASIC program exported to a simple HTML file along with necessary javascript.
The disadvantage: this BASIC cannot interact with the file system because of browser security.  So no compatibility at all with anything filesystem-related.
I've sold my soul to Google.  So my TiddlyWiki instances are all save to Google Drive via help from the TiddlyDrive add-on.

OK, so the way the TiddlyWiki saves is not by overwriting itself to the file system (like it did back in 2008) but rather by sending info to Google Drive, which does the writing up in the cloud?

(05-19-2022, 05:55 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: I have a smartphone, but use it only for phone and text.  Mobile-related questions, I am totally useless.  
There is a WYSIWYG plugin for TiddlyWiki, but intertwingling text and TiddlyWiki widgets in a WYSIWYG editor is highly problematic. 

See, this is where OneNote is great - it totally syncs directly between your computer and smart phone.
And total wysiwyg rich text editing just like MS Word.
But no programmability! (Well i think there is some kind of API but it isn't the friendly VBA editor like with Word & Excel! No macro recorder!)

(05-19-2022, 05:55 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: I've only experimented a little bit with getting sound to work in web browsers:  https://cjveniot.neocities.org/WebAudioApi.html

That's neat, inside a TiddlyWiki none the less!
I'll give that a deeper look later.

(05-19-2022, 05:55 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: Well,  I've got one cognitive disability diagnosed, and another one they can't make heads or tails of.

Don't let it get you down - in some ways it's a disability, but it also makes you able to do things that others can't.

(05-19-2022, 05:55 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: Every thing, because every thing is linked to every other thing.
Intertwingulitis ...

Frank Zappa called that conceptual continuity!

Be well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BASIC's Comparison Matrix: ideas for content? - by madscijr - 05-19-2022, 07:52 PM