Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BASIC's Comparison Matrix: ideas for content?
Quick reply.  Must go make supper for me and kiddo.

Quote:OK, so the way the TiddlyWiki saves is not by overwriting itself to the file system (like it did back in 2008) but rather by sending info to Google Drive, which does the writing up in the cloud?

There are a whole bunch of options.  By default, TiddlyWiki saving is not different than saving any web page.  It requires manually doing file save every time.  Super secure.

The alternative to get "Save" instead of equivalent of "Save As" is to use add-on "helpers" if you trust them to save local drive, or Google Drive, or wherever.  Me, I chose to trust TiddlyDrive third party Add-on for saving to Google Drive.

TiddlyDesktop for computers is pretty awesome.

You have to visit that link I gave earlier to see options.

Quote:See, this is where OneNote is great - it totally syncs directly between your computer and smart phone.
And total wysiwyg rich text editing just like MS Word.
But no programmability! (Well i think there is some kind of API but it isn't the friendly VBA editor like with Word & Excel! No macro recorder!)

OneNote is pretty out of the box, but sucks swampwater when it comes to transclusion.

Maybe TiddlyWiki can be pretty like OneNote, I don't know.  You'd have to look at all plugins.

Same for mobile sync.  Might be possible, but I don't know.

Quote:Don't let it get you down - in some ways it's a disability, but it also makes you able to do things that others can't.

Yeah, I try to think that just like one's greatest strength can also be greatest weakness, the same goes vice-versa.

I mention only so that when I'm coming across as miffed or rude, I am in the midst of dealing with something.  Never an excuse, but if I can be tolerated just long enough to get out of my funk, maybe I'll have the time to self-correct and make up for my goofs.

Something like that.

Now:  chicken-noodle soup night !!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BASIC's Comparison Matrix: ideas for content? - by CharlieJV - 05-19-2022, 08:30 PM