Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a slow PC? Test these changes, kindly!
Ok, first thoughts. So far I have tested the first ide_methods.bas you posted and yes, it's much faster.

I'm testing it with widescreen asteroids. The source code is 3500 lines long and includes two library files that add an additional 1700 lines of code. Normally when I type into this code I have to wait a good 3 to 5 seconds for the ... in the status window to change to OK. With this modification the change happens in less than a second. I pasted the entire code three more times and still fast. Pasting is faster too compared to the original .EXE.

My computer specs for reference:
- Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1
- Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
- 32GB dual channel 1069MHz RAM

Note: Even though the CPU is a K variant I have not overclocked it. It's running at its native 4GHz.

Something curious is happening though but I don't think it has anything to do with the changes.

I'm getting 6 warnings in my code (see image below). I loaded the code into the original v3.13.0 EXE and I get the same warnings. When I load the code into v3.4.1 there are no warnings. Not sure what the warnings mean. The Wiki does not show any delimiters being needed. The code compiles and executes just fine.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got a slow PC? Test these changes, kindly! - by TerryRitchie - 05-11-2024, 03:16 PM